+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

[QUOTE=funnygirl422]

Regarding the Swiffer "Wet Jets"; apparently, the solution used to "clean" is very harmful to animal (specifically dogs). It gets on the pads of their feet and they lick it and it's akin to antifreeze. If I can dig up the e-mail I got about it, I'll post it. I have cats so I don't take chances.

QUOTE]

I also received the e-mail regarding the Swiffer. Being a skeptic by nature I went into www.snopes.com and checked it out. Here is what they had to say...

Claim: The Swiffer WetJet poses a general danger to household pets.

According to P&G's Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), most of the cleaning fluid used in the Swiffer WetJet system is water (somewhere between 90 and 100 percent), with propylene glycol n-propyl ether and isopropyl alcohol making up between 1 and 4 percent each, and the remainder of the solution composed of minor ingredients and preservatives.

The two most common compounds found in antifreeze and de-icing solutions are ethylene glycol and propylene glycol. The former has been identified as posing a danger to pets, but propylene glycol is much safer than ethylene glycol it has been classified by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an additive that is "generally recognized as safe" for use in food, it is found in a variety of medicines and cosmetics, and it is recommended as a safe alternative to antifreeze for pet owners. Moreover, what the Swiffer Wetjet cleaning solution contains is not propylene glycol itself, but propylene glycol n-propyl ether, an ingredient found in many, many different brands and types of household cleaning products. If this compound truly posed a significant risk of causing fatal liver damage in cats and dogs, we should be hearing about many more pet deaths associated with cleaning products other than the Swiffer WetJet.

This is just in case you get the e-mail that you can call a number and get a free Swiffer...

Claim: Consumers can get a coupon for a free Swiffer Wet Jet mop by calling an automated phone number.

Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    I have tried and definintely recommend the DISPOSABLE TOILET BRUSHES out there. There are several brands - the ones I have are made by Comet, but I have seen Scrub'n'Bubbles and other brands.
    Just found this thread, and I can recommend the ScrubnBubbles brand. It is fabulous. Love the whole 'hands not IN the toilet thing', no rubber gloves, etc. The smell is wonderful, and the convenience a definite Highly recommend.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Has anyone tried the new Tide with Downey yet? I am a hardcore Downey fan and to think that I wouldn't have to buy it too would be good. It was around $8 Canadian at Wal Mart and the bottle said it did 40 loads i think.

Here is a product that I swear by - SOILOVE laundry soil-stain remover. It can be difficult to find. I go to a specific Safeway store that carries it just for this one product about once a month and buy a dozen bottles. It costs about $1.59 per bottle and has saved me hundreds of dollars by getting out some horrible stains, even washed in ones. It works great on grease, food, ink, grass stains. I use it mostly on my kids clothes and apply it very generously a few minutes before washing the clothes. One recent example, I washed my husbands favorite pants and after drying them, I noticed ink marks all over the front. I squirted on the SOILOVE, worked it in for a minute, rewashed, and the pants came out just like new.

Ima, haven't tried the new Tide, but I LOVE the regular Tide. Not only does it clean beautifully, but it smells WONDERFUL! Actually it's because of this that I hesitate to try the Tide/Downy, thinking the smell will probably be different. Don't like the Tide with bleach for this same reason, and I soaked a red throw rug overnight, and it streaked it terribly. (OK, I should have known better ) I've actually had friends over when I'm doing laundry specifically ask me what detergent I'm using because of the smell.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

roseskid : I agree. I love the smell of regular Tide, but I use the liquid
    form. It's so convenient to just pour a little on stains..it's the best pretreater.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Hmmmm and I love the smell of Downey (garage smells great when the dryer is on ) I think I am going to go buy some and see what happens. I will come back with a full report

For all of you who reccomended the Mr Clean Magic Erasers....why didn't you force some in my shopping cart sooner???? I got a 4 pack of them today and they are my new cleaning miracle! Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen were never easier, and no icky bleachy chemical smell to deal with either. Not to mention what they did to my really embarrassing looking computer. I know it's not good to smoke at my desk like I do, but heck, I do it, I deal with it...only thing is that my printer and monitor had a horrible icky poo color to them thanks to it. The Magic Erasers even got that off! I can't say enough good things about them, and it's the one thing I think everybody can use in one way or another, really really good stuff!

*disclaimer* rant to follow.

I hate my deodorant! Arrid Total invisible cream anti-perspirant. It sucks lemons! The scent is ok but the odor protection might last until lunchtime .. but forget carrying you from morning 'til night. The cream clicks up through little holes and is a pain to get out of clothing. It's really hard to wash off your body in the shower - you really have to scrub and god forbid you skip shaving for a day it practically nullifies the crap all together.
    Save your money and stick with the solid or switch to Degree solid like I did
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Angel boy
    I love, love, love my Dove deodorant.
    America- love it or leave it!

+ Reply to Thread