+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1248
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I have to see my entire month laid out in front of me and entire week. At work I use my outlook calendar to remind me of daily stuff but I hate using it for anything past daily.

Mine has buzzers at the end of any of the cycles. My little no frills machine has that going for it. lol I don't like the "cool down" thing at the end of my timed dry because I like pulling warm clothes out of the dryer and putting them on warm or snuggling in warm blankets.

My washer and dryer "dings" and it's kind of hard to hear sometimes. I love the wrinkle release option on my dryer because I can't always rush right to the dryer when it's done. The anti wrinkle comes in handy too if I have to put a load in before bed or something.
    causingchaos likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Has anyone ever used any of those home dry cleaning products? I bought some items at an estate sale I worked and, while they aren't dirty per se, they do smell like perfume and I'd like to give them a little freshening up. I don't necessarily want to pay to have them dry cleaned (I've been burned by bad dry cleaners and I don't have one that I trust in my city), so I wondered if maybe something like that Dryel stuff works.

Any experience? Recommendations? This is mostly sweaters (one cashmere, one wool and the others are cotton), BTW. Plus one blazer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I used them for years on my husband's knit golf-style shirts that he wore to work every day. They did a great job for us. The shirts came out with no pressing needed, and the shirts lasted a lot longer than I think they would have lasted if we'd used regular washing/drying. Just be sure to read the directions carefully to make sure you use the right temperature and time.
    I'm Paula.

I've used Dryel in the past, more for freshening up more than actually cleaning, and it worked just fine. I'm not sure it "cleaned" per se, but it definitely made them smell clean and fresh.
    causingchaos likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

Thanks for the info. If these garments needed actual cleaning, I'd either wash them - at least the non-wool ones (and not the blazer, obviously) - or take them to a dry cleaner. They just need freshening up. Really, this lady had a HUUUUGE wardrobe and none of the clothing probably got much heavy wear. One of the items I bought still had the tags on it. BUT, all of it is permeated with the smell of perfume, which is awful.

I'll try some Dryel and see if that takes care of the problem
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hadn't gotten around to posting some product reviews so I have a few to post now!

I was looking for a reduced fat mayonnaise and hadn't had much luck with products I'd tried from the regular grocery story so I went to New Leaf Market and tried Vegenaise. The brand is Follow Your Heart.

I was very pleased to find that it had a good taste and a texture like real mayonnaise for half the calories and fat of regular mayonnaise. I've already finished off my first little bottle of it and went out today to get more!

Another product I got at the same place today was powdered peanut butter from Bell Plantation called PB2.

I was skeptical about powdered peanut butter but decided to give it a try. Looking at the directions, I was surprised to find that you add water to it to reconstitute it. I had assumed you'd use it in powdered form so I decided to do an experiment and try it both ways. I had half my celery at break time dipped in powdered PB2 and mixed water with it for the other half of my celery. I liked it powdered best! The celery had enough moisture to make the powder cling to it and I liked the flavor of it. Regular peanut butter is 190 calories for 2 tablespoons with 16 grams of fat. Even the reduced fata peanut butter has 190 calories and 12 grams of fat. PB2 has only 45 calories and 2 grams of fat for a 2 tablespoon serving! It's definitely a keeper. I bet it would be great on popcorn!

Over the weekend, my friends and I went to Wendy's and I tried their new fresh mozzarella chicken sandwich.

It's advertised as having grilled, herb-marinated grilled chicken topped with mozzarella cheese, spring mix, house-made balsamic diced tomatoes, and a drizzle of creamy basil pesto on a soft, toasted garlic brioche bun. It sounded good so my friend and I both got it. Mine had so much balsamic on it there was a puddle of it under my sandwich and the bottom bun was completely soaked. Despite all the liquid, the chicken itself was unbearably dry. My friend's sandwich didn't have nearly as much sauce. I didn't see any pooled or even dripped balsamic around her sandwich. I wouldn't order it again--too messy and the taste wasn't as good as I thought it would be.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Pik, I work at Wendy's corporate and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please call 888-624-8140 and I'm sure they will send you a coupon or something.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

I have a tub of PB2 in my cupboard right now. I've never reconstituted it. I usually have a jar of real Peanut Butter in my refrigerator. I use it in powder form in my morning smoothie. Especially when making a coffee one. It adds a great peanut butter flavor to it. Kind of a frozen peanut butter latte, but lower calorie. It goes great when I put apple in my smoothie too. I'll have to put some in my hot coffee some day. Might be interesting. It lasts forever & doesn't have to be refrigerated. Would be great for camping/backpacking too because of the light weight & non refrigerate thing.

I was out on my walk the other day & stopped in Wendy's to use the restroom. I saw the great big sign for the Fresh Mozzarella Chicken sandwich. It looked wonderful in the picture, plus I love mozzarella, grilled chicken, & pesto. I made a mental note to get one next time I'm dying for fast food. I probably still will just to see for myself. I'm hoping your experience with it was a fluke. At least that's what I'll tell myself.
    karna68 likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

I know some hikers that use that dry peanut butter because it doesn't weight that much when they do multiday hikes. I'm always surprised about all the stuff that can be reconstituted.

+ Reply to Thread