+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114115116117118119120121122123124
Results 1,231 to 1,236 of 1236
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I have to see my entire month laid out in front of me and entire week. At work I use my outlook calendar to remind me of daily stuff but I hate using it for anything past daily.

Mine has buzzers at the end of any of the cycles. My little no frills machine has that going for it. lol I don't like the "cool down" thing at the end of my timed dry because I like pulling warm clothes out of the dryer and putting them on warm or snuggling in warm blankets.

My washer and dryer "dings" and it's kind of hard to hear sometimes. I love the wrinkle release option on my dryer because I can't always rush right to the dryer when it's done. The anti wrinkle comes in handy too if I have to put a load in before bed or something.
    causingchaos likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Has anyone ever used any of those home dry cleaning products? I bought some items at an estate sale I worked and, while they aren't dirty per se, they do smell like perfume and I'd like to give them a little freshening up. I don't necessarily want to pay to have them dry cleaned (I've been burned by bad dry cleaners and I don't have one that I trust in my city), so I wondered if maybe something like that Dryel stuff works.

Any experience? Recommendations? This is mostly sweaters (one cashmere, one wool and the others are cotton), BTW. Plus one blazer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I used them for years on my husband's knit golf-style shirts that he wore to work every day. They did a great job for us. The shirts came out with no pressing needed, and the shirts lasted a lot longer than I think they would have lasted if we'd used regular washing/drying. Just be sure to read the directions carefully to make sure you use the right temperature and time.
    I'm Paula.

I've used Dryel in the past, more for freshening up more than actually cleaning, and it worked just fine. I'm not sure it "cleaned" per se, but it definitely made them smell clean and fresh.
    causingchaos likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

Thanks for the info. If these garments needed actual cleaning, I'd either wash them - at least the non-wool ones (and not the blazer, obviously) - or take them to a dry cleaner. They just need freshening up. Really, this lady had a HUUUUGE wardrobe and none of the clothing probably got much heavy wear. One of the items I bought still had the tags on it. BUT, all of it is permeated with the smell of perfume, which is awful.

I'll try some Dryel and see if that takes care of the problem
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread