+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

I LOVE the way Pantene smells! I have never used Aveda!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    I LOVE the way Pantene smells! I have never used Aveda!
    Me, too! It's so clean smelling.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    Does anyone know of a really good conditioner? My hair has so many snarlys and snaggles. It takes me so much time and so many hairs pulled out to even get a brush through it! :rolleyes
    I love Redken's Extreme leave in treatment... perfect for getting out the snarlies and snaggles that I always get in the back of my hair.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Yes, I get it in the back of my hair...what is up with that??!!!!

Angel boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    Wow cool, I'll have to try that one! I'm still looking for a good stain remover Do you get it in regular grocery stores or walmart or similar stores? (I"ll have to write it down & check it next time I go )
    I get it in Bi-Lo (a grocery store), but they probably have it other places. It is a strange looking contraption-2 canisters with a little spray nozzle at the top. I think it is blue.

Angel boy
    Quote Originally Posted by G.G.
    Holy scheiss...I'm always looking for good products for this purpose. My dog is pretty good, but he's 14 and every now and again he'll have an accident. My big cat is an orange and white long hair and his furrballs are what I really have problems with because he hacks up this orange goop. EWWWWWWWWW!!!!

I found this stuff at Target yesterday - 8-1 Complete. It's an enzyme formula and has something in it to prevent mistakes at the same spot. AND it smells like Trix cereal...heh heh.

Anyway, I bought a half-gallon for 8 bucks and DAMMMMMMMMN Sistah...the spots literally disappeared. I sprayed, let it sit for 10 minutes and then blotted.

I don't know if Oxykick is like Oxyclean or the Clorox oxy equivalent, but I've used that too with success.

This stuff from Target was so great though. I'm moving in a month so I'll put this stuff in my carpet shampooer as well.

It doesn't take much to make my day when it comes to carpet cleaning - I had to call and tell my mom how great this stuff is.
    Was it in the regular cleaning isle or with pet products? I have tried Woolite OXY stuff, and Oxy Boost, but none work as well as OXYKICK. Not even the expensive stuff you buy at the pet stores.

It was in the pet aisle. Next to the flea medication, etc. When I move out of here, I'm gonna put it in the carpet shampooer because it smells like Trix cereal...NUM!

I would not recommend the razor Intuition. It has the soap around the razor blade. I did not like it and it gave me some serious razor burn. I use vinegar to clean my carpets and furniture, just put it in the steam machine or spray on spot. I also use vinegar to clean mirrors, windows and anything stainless steel. To get blood stains out of clothes use a equal mixture of rubbing alcohol and peroxide spray on stain and let soak for a few minutes. Grease stains will usually come out with regular dish-washing detergent like Dawn, Joy, ect. Ammonia will bring back the shine to a no wax floor, smells awful though. Don't use vinegar on a no wax floor, it will make it dull. Can you tell that I am a stay at home mom and have had the time to try out different products to see what they work on.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I don't know why I didn't wander in here before. You guys are awesome. I love this thread!!

So I feel compelled to share some info I have.

Regarding the Swiffer "Wet Jets"; apparently, the solution used to "clean" is very harmful to animal (specifically dogs). It gets on the pads of their feet and they lick it and it's akin to antifreeze. If I can dig up the e-mail I got about it, I'll post it. I have cats so I don't take chances.

Also, Dawn Power Dissolver does NOT work. It leaves a very nasty film and smell that you can't get out of the plastics. You are supposed to be able to rinse off excess foam in sink and put it in your dishwasher. I did this and I wanted to toss the dishwasher it stank so BAD!!!

Again, thanks for all the tidbits of info!

+ Reply to Thread