+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1057
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I just purchased a Swiffer Jet Mop, and LOVE it! I know many people have these, and most everyone has told me they love theirs. It really cleans well, and makes the room you're mopping smell so good. This beats a sponge mop any day!
    I have a Shark. Similar, only the pads are machine washable & reusable. It's electric, so it cleans with steam. I bought an extra 2 pack of pads when I got the machine. So far I still haven't had to toss any of them out. I love it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I just purchased a Swiffer Jet Mop, and LOVE it! I know many people have these, and most everyone has told me they love theirs. It really cleans well, and makes the room you're mopping smell so good. This beats a sponge mop any day!
    I love mine, and it does a darn good job of cleaning up the floors
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was looking for a mop at the store yesterday and checked it out, but the price tag stopped me.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've had mine for years! I'm very happy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I was looking for a mop at the store yesterday and checked it out, but the price tag stopped me.
    I got mine on Black Friday as a Doorbuster item. Less than 1/2 price. Even the extra cleaning pads were on sale cheap.
    That's how I try to buy what I consider extravagences, that I otherwise would hold off on because of price tag.

I must have not used mine properly. I borrowed a friend's Steam Floor cleaner once and I found it rather useless. It didn't really pick up any dirt that I couldn't get from a regular mop. I guess it kills germs, but I just didn't see any benefit from it, especially for the price and the trouble. What am I missing.

Can someone recommend a good interior house paint? I was thinking I could get a good paint for around $29.00 per gallon. Is this reasonable? What about Behr? I think Home Depot carries it. Is there any advantage to going with a paint store such as Benjamin Moore or Sherman Williams?

I would always go with a name brand paint. If you check the cans at places like Home Depot, Lowes, even Walmart or K-Mart, they usually carry a name brand paint. It costs more than the cheaper brands they carry, but it's still a savings over going to the paint stores.

I have no idea if the quality is the same as in the paint stores. Sometimes some products sell a lower quality of a name brand item, to discount stores, but still have their name on it. Usually on the UPC code there's an extra letter if that is the case.
    Debb70 likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Two years ago, we painted the entire interior of my daughter and SIL's house with Home Depot's Behr paint and were happy with it.
    Debb70 likes this.

I've used Behr, Sherwin-Williams, Benjamin-Moore and Porter. I've had good results with all of them.

They all run paint sales.
    Debb70 likes this.

We've used Behr and Valspar and been very pleased with them, but recently tried Benjamin Moore on our walls and it spoiled us. I'm thinking we usually paid 35/gal, and the B.Moore was around 50/gal. It was so much nicer to paint with, and I think it's worth the extra expense if the budget allows. Hubby was skeptical, but agreed it was better after using it. We still use the big-box store brands for ceiling and trim paint, though.
    remember to play

+ Reply to Thread