+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1019
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I can picture prhoshay in her Spanx swelled up like Violet in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after she ate the gum at the factory, waiting to be rolled away by the Oompah Loompahs to be de-gassed.
    Oh my!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rats! I've never seen that stupid Chocolate Factory movie, but that IS quite a visual!!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have the spanx pantyhose( or tights) are the tights the same thing- if so I am I trouble
    As far as I know, it's two different things. I've never seen the tights, but the ones I got were very sheer like hose. As soon as I started pulling them up, the holes began materializing. It would have been annoying with $10 hose, but I spent more than twice that on these.

This was several years ago, so maybe they've improved the product, but I'm sure not going to spend that much money to find out!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    As far as I know, it's two different things. I've never seen the tights, but the ones I got were very sheer like hose. As soon as I started pulling them up, the holes began materializing. It would have been annoying with $10 hose, but I spent more than twice that on these.

This was several years ago, so maybe they've improved the product, but I'm sure not going to spend that much money to find out!
    These are quite thick, and hold you in.I got them last year, but then I got ill( shingles), and couldn't even try them on. I got them from home shopping, so I let too much time go by -before I could send them back. Maybe these are different, I am sorry you had to pay out that much. I have had that happen with hose, but they have been cheap
    Thanks Critical
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Eh, live and learn. I work from home now and try to avoid situations that require hose/tights, but when I do need them I go with DKNY. They have tall sizes and are very well made.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Also, nomatter how bad you want Spanx to squash you smaller, do NOT buy them a size smaller than you take according to their chart. They may not fit right & may roll. The size you take according to their chart does just fine on it's own & you can move around comfortably.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

That sounds as if maybe the store was carrying old stock. I have seen that happen with regular hose.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    That sounds as if maybe the store was carrying old stock. I have seen that happen with regular hose.
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case, but it doesn't really matter. I'm not willing to pay that much money again to try them out when I have another brand of hose I like better.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's a serious question: What happens when you're wearing Spanx, and you have gas? I know it sounds silly, but it can be a major concern. Does the gas just move around, or can it be expelled?
    LOL! I just got this picture in my head of something balloon-like.
    Yes, I'm a sicko...
    (BTW, Wanda Sykes has a very funny bit about Spanx on one of her DVDs.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Spanx - I refuse to wear anything compression-wise. I like to let it all hang out under flowing clothes. I haven't even worn pantyhose in decades. I'll wear leggings and socks under a skirt/dress if I need to.
    Kaboom - if you're going to use it, make sure you have excellent ventilation. It is quite toxic. Read the label.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread