+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1059
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I've used Kaboom. Except for the color changing feature I didn't see much difference when compared to other bathroom cleaning products.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I've used Kaboom and wasn't impressed.

Anyone tried Spanx or similar type garments? Any recommendations? Mainly to pull in a tummy and eliminate the dreaded muffin top, lol. I know there are lots of different types on the market, just wanted to see if anyone has used them and what your thoughts are.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I've used one of the Spanx shapers and it works well. It takes an act of contortion to get into the thing, but once you're in, it's pretty comfortable. I'd recommend the ones that come up to the bottom of your bra brand or you'll get major muffin top. What the thing held in below the waist has to go somewhere, so you need compression above the waist too.

I can't state this strongly enough - DO NOT BUY THE SPANX PANTYHOSE! They are made of material that is so flimsy that it literally pulls apart. I didn't get even one wearing out of a pair. Pulling them on made huge holes in the legs all over. I have put my nails through hose and tights before, but these things literally sprouted holes when I just was pulling them on and they weren't super tight or too short or anything. Worst money I ever spent and they weren't cheap. I was glad that I was wearing them with pants so all of the holes didn't show because I was changing at one job to go to another and didn't have another pair with me. I threw them out as soon as I got home.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wear the spanx panty. I am not large, but I have lumps and bumps that need to be smoothed down. The only thing I had to do was go up a size. I was told this by a friend and I am thankful I was.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I've used one of the Spanx shapers and it works well. It takes an act of contortion to get into the thing, but once you're in, it's pretty comfortable. I'd recommend the ones that come up to the bottom of your bra brand or you'll get major muffin top. What the thing held in below the waist has to go somewhere, so you need compression above the waist too.

I can't state this strongly enough - DO NOT BUY THE SPANX PANTYHOSE! They are made of material that is so flimsy that it literally pulls apart. I didn't get even one wearing out of a pair. Pulling them on made huge holes in the legs all over. I have put my nails through hose and tights before, but these things literally sprouted holes when I just was pulling them on and they weren't super tight or too short or anything. Worst money I ever spent and they weren't cheap. I was glad that I was wearing them with pants so all of the holes didn't show because I was changing at one job to go to another and didn't have another pair with me. I threw them out as soon as I got home.
    I have the spanx pantyhose( or tights) are the tights the same thing- if so I am I trouble
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's a serious question: What happens when you're wearing Spanx, and you have gas? I know it sounds silly, but it can be a major concern. Does the gas just move around, or can it be expelled?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's a serious question: What happens when you're wearing Spanx, and you have gas? I know it sounds silly, but it can be a major concern. Does the gas just move around, or can it be expelled?
    They're not made of solid rubber. Gas dissapates just fine.

I have the one that goes up to below the bra & down to the thighs. I didn't expect it to stay up well, but it does. Like said above, getting in to it/them is a bit awkward, but once on, they fit comfortably. Going to the bathroom isn't a barrel of laughs either. You have to get it down & then after, get it back into place. Lets hope you dont' reeeeaaaallly have to go that bad. You may not make it.

I've been pleased with the results of wearing them. They don't make you a size smaller or anything (darn!) but they help suck in the lumps, bumps & bulges & smooth you out really nice.
    I don't wear mine often, but when I wear a dress that's form fitting they're worth every penny.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    where air may be , let wind blow free
    yeah its fine
    Ellen and inthegarden like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I can picture prhoshay in her Spanx swelled up like Violet in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after she ate the gum at the factory, waiting to be rolled away by the Oompah Loompahs to be de-gassed.

+ Reply to Thread