+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I love Lady Speed Stick...my sister used to sweat badly, too. She used regular Speed Stick and loved it.
    I like the Lady Speed Stick, too, it works great all day. I tried the Mitchum for women (clear gel), but it just failed every day late afternoon. (Maybe it was the gel form, or maybe Mitchum just doesn't work for me.)

Someone recommended the D_skins for CDs, and I bought some today. I put them on kids games (no reports yet what happens in rough wear), but they went on in a snap, so far so good.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Kiehl's silk groom, takes away any poofiness, or frizzes, and makes your hair shiny and slick, without a goopy feel. It's expensive, but a little goes a long way.
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    Well, my hair a bit "poofy" once it dries after I wash it. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for that. Thanks!

Redken actually has a series of smoothing shampoo/conditioner/leave in treatments that work wonderfully for taming flyaways and poofy hair. They are the series in the orange bottles (cannot remember the name of the series right now.. sorry!)

I also love their Clear Moisture series for anyone that has fine hair. Works fabulous and is very light and non-residue building!!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I use the Matrix Sleek Look shampoo & conditioner (they come in orange bottles, I wonder if that's what Broadway is referring to?) and then CitriShine smoothing balm and my hair always lays down and behaves!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Anybody have any suggestions on detangling products for wavy hair? My hair is almost to my waist and wavy and tangles VERY easily. I WAS using a detangling product by Mary Kate and Ashley, originally bought for my daughter , this stuff was the best detangler I have ever used. What happens? Wal-Mart stops carrying it. Can't get an answer on how to get the product from the Mary Kate and Ashley web site, so I am now on a hunt to find a product that works as well as that detangler did.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by jjfrias
    Anybody have any suggestions on detangling products for wavy hair? My hair is almost to my waist and wavy and tangles VERY easily. I WAS using a detangling product by Mary Kate and Ashley, originally bought for my daughter , this stuff was the best detangler I have ever used. What happens? Wal-Mart stops carrying it. Can't get an answer on how to get the product from the Mary Kate and Ashley web site, so I am now on a hunt to find a product that works as well as that detangler did.
    I have the same type of hair... naturally curly and to my waist. The best stuff I have ever found in a "normal store" is Pantene Pro-V.

I use the 2 in1 Shampoo AND their conditioner. My hair comes out so soft and without tangles everytime. It combs right out without issue's. Its amazing. The only other time I had such great results was with Matrix Biologe. And that is some pricey stuff.

I will point out and say this...

I buy the Pantene Pro-V for over process hair... perm-color hair version. Even tho I don't have burnt up hair.

The trick is to use that 2 in 1 Shampoo and then use conditioner too. I have never had it feel greasey or heavy afterwards. And my curls bounce up without frizzing.

Thanks Gaby, I currently use Pantene (smooth and silky) but I haven't used the 2 in 1 and then I use Infusium 23 once I towel dry. Consumer reports did a comparision of shampoos and Head & Shoulders came out on top as the best shampoo for any type of hair (not just for dandruff) and they put it up against regular store brands and the expensive salon brands. I guess it couldn't hurt to try. Suppose to be excellent at moisturizing and taming frizzies. Going to go get my hair cut today and that will take care of most of the tangling. Got some serious dry ends!!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    Does anyone have shampoo recommendations? Are there shampoos that actually do restore your hair like they say in the commercials?
    Has anyone tried that Infusium 23 that they advertise on TV?

I'm currently using Garnier Fructis & I'm VERY very happy with it, I absolutely love it, but I'm just wondering if there are any other hot shampoo tips of shampoos that work like they're supposed to...
    My favorite shampoo of all is Pantene..shampoo with conditioner. it makes my hair softest, yet not weighted down or greasy.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Has anyone tried those "Cascade 2 in 1" tablets for the dishwasher? It has Dawn detergent in them, too..just wondered if they are worth buying..?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Has anyone tried those "Cascade 2 in 1" tablets for the dishwasher? It has Dawn detergent in them, too..just wondered if they are worth buying..?
    I love 'em...and I only have to use one, instead of fill both cups with detergent.

+ Reply to Thread