+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A smell...

Quote Originally Posted by rachaellynn24
    Honeysuckle...my neighbor had some growing in her yard. She also had this tree with this little puffy pink flowers that smelled really good. They were more like those wish things that you pull out of the ground and blow then actually flowers. I wish I knew what kind of tree it was.
    I'm betting the pink flowers were Mimosa blossoms. They smell so good. The ones you pull out of the ground are Dandelions. They have yellow flowers. Dandelion greens are edible, if you even care to know that.
    I also love Honeysuckle. Early in the morning, before the sun comes up, they smell heavenly.

FORT Fogey
    Gardenias remind me of my Grandmother's house. So does the smell of freshly snapped pole beans. Honeysuckle definitely reminds me of my childhood. We used to take them apart and taste the nectar inside . One of my favorite scents to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    Gardenias remind me of my Grandmother's house. So does the smell of freshly snapped pole beans. Honeysuckle definitely reminds me of my childhood. We used to take them apart and taste the nectar inside . One of my favorite scents to this day.
    Trapp candles make an amazing gardenia and honeysuckle candle that smells so much like the real thing a neighbor wondered why we had honeysuckle blooming in spring.

Drain my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by otter
    A certain smell of a perfume and lipstick mix reminds me of my mom when she and my dad would be going out and she would kiss me good-bye.
    So sweet...
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

pillows and pies
    Just yesterday I walked into a school building to sign in my brother, who was late. I breathed in and said, "Aw! The smell of a school building!" As a student and then as a teacher, I noted that all schools don't smell EXACTLY the same, but the smell they DO have cen't be mistaken for anything but a SCHOOL smell.

Other than that...

cinnamon toast or freshly made pancakes from Saturday mornings....

my mother's perfume (L'Air Du Temps) that she would wear as she got dressed to go out with my father (I used to love to sit in the bathroom and watch her get ready). . .

Scent with memories. To me it's the smell of "Tropic" orange juice from concentrate, and the warm summer days on the country side sipping juice. I still get this happy carefree feeling when I drink that juice (now what did my parents put in that juice... ).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

ILLUME candles...my favorite

Drain my brain.
    Something else came to mind today... I don't exactly know what it's called, but I'll try describing it the best I can; back when I was in the middle school, in shop class we developed black and white pictures; whatever that stuff is called you dip the sheet into that makes the picture show up, reminds me of all the great times we had in the dark room... those were the days.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

There's one tobacco that I catch every now and then that reminds me of my father and his pipes. It smells like cotton candy to me and always reminds me of him despite not having seen him in 15 years.

Shalimar perfume reminds me of my childhood as well because there was this woman my mother was friends with that always wore it. I just thought she was the coolest thing in the world when I was little so even still every time I catch it I can picture Susan in her full 1970's glory.

Also, I believe it's Tea Rose perfume...it reminds me of my grandmother, great-grandmother, and all the sweet little ladies in my family. They all wear it and always have.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Doggone it! Another thread that if I answer honestly, y'all are gonna think I am looney. I get taken back to childhood with the smell of Johnsons Paste Wax (for floors...my mom had hardwood floors and when she polished them I was right behind sniffing the paste wax). I also loved the smell that of lighter fluid in the zippo lighters that my mom and dad had. I still love the Johnsons paste wax smell...I have a tin of it and sometimes take a whiff of it in times of extreme stress. Note: as far as I can tell...I don't get a "high" from it like I hear you get with model glue and there is no warning on the tin...so hopefully it isn't frying my brain. I just smell it once in awhile anyway...one or two times a year maybe??

(Off I go to sniff my Floor wax...wondering if FoRT people are ready to ask John to ban me because of my weirdness )
    KaiCee..I KNEW there was something a lil "off". (writing down what to get KC for Xmas!)
    ~

For me...

1) The smell of an engine..small engine and the burning of the oil. Probably more of the exhaust. It's hard to explain..but I guess the easiest for everyone to understand is a lawn mower. I mowed the lawn the other day, and BAM..instant "smell
    memory".

2) Old Spice cologne. Dad wore it was I was a lil thing.

3) Lilacs.. grew up with them in my yard too. I climbed the biggest branch I could find one time and snapped it in half...my mother could of shot me!! I felt bad though, cause I loved the smell and couldn't believe I busted up my favorite flower.

There are so many more...just hard to remember them all..
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast