+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A smell...

We had huge lilac bush's where I grew up as a child.......every spring when I get that first whiff......smells like heaven.

Pot roast reminds me of my grandmothers house.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Pot roast reminds me of my grandmothers house.
    Oh very good one, yes me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsinswede
    We had huge lilac bush's where I grew up as a child.......every spring when I get that first whiff......smells like heaven.
    That is also my favorite. One house where I lived when I was about seven or eight had a huge lilac bush outside my bedroom window. I remember that bush till this day. I have seven bushes of my own now.

FORT Newbie
    Honeysuckle...my neighbor had some growing in her yard. She also had this tree with this little puffy pink flowers that smelled really good. They were more like those wish things that you pull out of the ground and blow then actually flowers. I wish I knew what kind of tree it was.

I love plumeria... it reminds me of the time I went to visit my grandparents in Hawaii when I was six. They moved to the mainland soon afterward, so that was the only time I went there during my childhood, but I loved it there. It's so beautiful.

When I was about eleven or so, my mom had gotten me vanilla-scented body spray for christmas. I put it on right away because I loved the smell, then started reading a book of ghost stories that I had also gotten. One of the first stories was about this guy who was playing around in a graveyard one night and ended up getting locked in a coffin and buried alive! (One of my biggest fears--I'm SO claustrophobic!) I was so freaked out that I couldnt' sleep for two days, and to this day I can't smell anything vanilla because it makes me think of being buried alive.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Doggone it! Another thread that if I answer honestly, y'all are gonna think I am looney. I get taken back to childhood with the smell of Johnsons Paste Wax (for floors...my mom had hardwood floors and when she polished them I was right behind sniffing the paste wax). I also loved the smell that of lighter fluid in the zippo lighters that my mom and dad had. I still love the Johnsons paste wax smell...I have a tin of it and sometimes take a whiff of it in times of extreme stress. Note: as far as I can tell...I don't get a "high" from it like I hear you get with model glue and there is no warning on the tin...so hopefully it isn't frying my brain. I just smell it once in awhile anyway...one or two times a year maybe??

(Off I go to sniff my Floor wax...wondering if FoRT people are ready to ask John to ban me because of my weirdness )
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Doggone it! Another thread that if I answer honestly, y'all are gonna think I am looney. I get taken back to childhood with the smell of Johnsons Paste Wax (for floors...my mom had hardwood floors and when she polished them I was right behind sniffing the paste wax). I also loved the smell that of lighter fluid in the zippo lighters that my mom and dad had. I still love the Johnsons paste wax smell...I have a tin of it and sometimes take a whiff of it in times of extreme stress. Note: as far as I can tell...I don't get a "high" from it like I hear you get with model glue and there is no warning on the tin...so hopefully it isn't frying my brain. I just smell it once in awhile anyway...one or two times a year maybe??

(Off I go to sniff my Floor wax...wondering if FoRT people are ready to ask John to ban me because of my weirdness )
    Do you ever get the urge to stick your fingers under your arms like Mary Catherine Gallegar.....oh nevermind........

Lilacs and crabapple blossoms

Very old barns.

Very ripe strawberries.

corn that is still in the husk

Cinnamon

Plus in my house, when it's very hot outside, when I'm walking from the cool, kind of damp basement to the upstairs of my house, there is a smell that reminds me of my grandmother's house in Dearborn MI. Now, I have no clue what the smell is, but I'm guessing as my present house and her old house were built at about the same time, it has something to do with something within the home that is released with hot weather.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The smell of natural gas because my great grandmother had a natural gas stove and a very small house, also pine needles, they never raked theirs up and they had tons in the backyard.

Fresh cut grass reminds me of taking a glass of tea to my dad when he was mowing, summer morning smell reminds me of summer camp. Suntan lotion the coppertone really smell good kind reminds me of being a kid in Florida and my mom gobbing it on I love that smell.

A certain smell of a perfume and lipstick mix reminds me of my mom when she and my dad would be going out and she would kiss me good-bye.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast