+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just Can't Let It Go...

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Star, I haven't touched a cigarette for 2 years and I still keep a lighter in my purse It could come in handy, right?
    Right; you never know when you might need to commit arson or something. I quit smoking 7 years ago and just recently quit carrying a lighter in my purse. But I do still keep one in my truck. You never know...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thanks ladies. Maybe I'm not so crazy after all. And now I know that in about 4 more years, I might be able to stop.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I have an gigantic ball of dryer lint, a ton of baby clothes, and baby bed linens.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    OH! That reminds me of another thing. I still have half a can of powdered baby formula in one of my cabinets. My daughter is two years, 4 months, so its been a LONG time since she drank formula. I have no idea why I don't just throw it away. I've started to a million times and just scoot it to the side instead.
    Star I found a can of formula recently that was left over from my grandson. No, no, not the almost three year old, the one who is now 16. I have a hard time getting all the way to the back of my base cabinets. Finally got down there and there the formula was. I was embarrassed.

Feif, if we combine your dryer lint with my underwire, we could probably convince someone that it's art and make a lot of money off it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I have some things in the back of my refrigerator I could probably contribute to that work of art, Lucy
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Feif, if we combine your dryer lint with my underwire, we could probably convince someone that it's art and make a lot of money off it.
    I was going to ask Feif why the heck she would keep a ball of dryer lint...did she think she may someday need a big old ball of lint? But now that I have read Lucy's post -- of course! How silly of me to think of asking...you just never know when another FoRT packrat is going to offer to combine their junk and create a masterpiece!! You ladies can give it a really cool name..."FoRT fruitcake made of lint'n'wire" or something. Paint it, sign it and Ebay is just waiting for you! (Actually, our local museum had some really odd art displayed when I went...a framed "masterpiece" which consisted of about 10 inches of toilet paper scribbled on with a marker. No artwork scribble...it was apparently an attempt to write a note on it, but you could not read it because it was messy handwriting and the ink bled into the tissue).
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Star I found a can of formula recently that was left over from my grandson. No, no, not the almost three year old, the one who is now 16. I have a hard time getting all the way to the back of my base cabinets. Finally got down there and there the formula was. I was embarrassed.
    I could never have old dated food in my cabinet. I have a OCD daughter who dates, purges and organizes my pantry every time she comes home from college. Sometimes she doesn't even tell me she is doing it...so I go in the cabinet just knowing I had some Hungarian Paprika in there...and it's gone. When I ask my daughter about it, she gets all huffy and puffy and says "Mom! I labeled that bottle 1 year ago at least...don't you think it was time you threw it out?" My cabinet is actually pretty funny...she labels everything (with a labeler...no handwritten magic marker scribble for my OCD daughter!). It's color coded...pink labels mean she found the expiration date and noted it, blue labels mean she isn't sure an expiration date exists for that item (like wine) but she notes her intended throw away date, green means that item should have an expiration date but she can't read it....this warrants a very short "lifespan" in my cabinet. If it's been there a week, it's gotta go....doesn't matter that it's bay leaves and I use them all the time. Luckily--my daughter displays her OCD in just a few areas of my life. And since I am a total packrat, can't find anything ever -- she actually does more good around here than harm.

One thing I can not seem to part with is old makeup bags, computer and briefcase type bags, tote bags, purses...any bag that can potentiall hold something someday....I keep. Actually I keep any box that seems too good to throw away too. I just keep thinking that someday I am going to be so organized that I will have my stuff neatly packed away (labeled of course) in these containers. For now...my stuff is piled everywhere and I have a closet full of empty containers.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123