+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Can't Let It Go...

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Holy moly. I save EVERYTHING! You never know when you might need, say, 40 prescription bottles. Not big enough? Try any of those one hundred margarine containers. Ten Barbies and Mrs. Beasly. Every paper I wrote in college. Every legal document I ever created. Nearly every photograph I've taken, or accumulated, since I was ten. Spiral notebooks, which may or may not have any unused paper in them. Most of the corsages, etc., from high school dances, and the dresses that go with them. And the shoes. How's that for a start?

When I moved to this apartment (a year ago), a main factor of choice was how much storage is there? For just myself I need (need ) a two-bedroom apartment. And two (two ) storage areas in the basement of the building. And I know which boxes are which (even tho they are all identical) - which direction I want them stacked, which is top and which is bottom.

You get the idea. Whatever happened to the OCD thread?

And I know which boxes are which (even tho they are all identical) - which direction I want them stacked, which is top and which is bottom.

Well, JD,that proves it! WE have to be long lost sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    That's close enough Lucy.

I thought of another thing I always keep. Shampoos and other amenities from hotels. I have a drawer full of them. WTH? I never use them. I'm sure they would be handy traveling, if it wasn't for the fact that I always bring my own shampoo and I always stay in hotels which have more little shampoos. So, I have like 50 shampoos I'll never use.
    Many years ago when my son was in the hospital for 2 weeks, I spent that time staying at the Ronald McDonald House to be with him every day. They had a big box in a closet that was full of those little shampoos, conditioners, lotions and whatever that anyone could use if they forgot their own from home. I don't know if they were donated by the various hotels or maybe by someone like you who had accumulated a bunch and gave them to the house. At any rate, I was grateful that they were there when I first arrived because in my hurry to pack, I didn't remember to bring any of that stuff.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Lucy... keeping the wire? That's just smart. You really might be able to use it one day! Won't you be happy when you're locked in a deep freeze with McGyver and he says "If only we had a small peice of wire!"

Yes, you will be happy.

I would just be happy to be trapped in a deep freezer with McGyver

Um, what do I hold onto forever? Ummmm... lots of things. When I moved 10 years ago, my sister in law helped me pack. It was great because she ke[t saying "You'll never need this" or "This won't be missed EVER" and she'd throw stuff away I would just look and go"... uh...ok"

I haven't missed a thing she threw out yet.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

This is one compulsion that I don't have! I'm not a pack rat, I have no emotional attachment to my things and I have actually had to go into the garbage to retrieve things for my husband

A couple of things that I am holding on to are a boppy pillow, infant swing and an exersaucer but that's work related .. what makes them obsolete is the fact that I don't take infants
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

OH! That reminds me of another thing. I still have half a can of powdered baby formula in one of my cabinets. My daughter is two years, 4 months, so its been a LONG time since she drank formula. I have no idea why I don't just throw it away. I've started to a million times and just scoot it to the side instead.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    The point of all of this is that we have a thread for clothing you can't throw out, so what about everything else? Anything you keep around that you don't really have a use for anymore, but you can't bear to part with?

hmmmmm....you mean like my wife??????????

FORT Fogey
    I keep magazines. I have subscriptions to 4 magazines and I've kept all of them for a year and 2 months. Recently, I have been going through them and cutting out cute pictures/articles I like, but I feel so bad.

I purchase drugs for a hospital and the drug reps are always giving me pens...anyway half of them don't work anymore but I like the way some of them look (they are really cool pens!) so I have a pen holder on my desk that holds pens that don't work and all the pens that DO work are in my desk drawer.....

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Star, I haven't touched a cigarette for 2 years and I still keep a lighter in my purse It could come in handy, right?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast