+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Know You Were A Little Girl In The 70's If.....

MenInUniform

You Know You Were A Little Girl In The 70's If.....

This brings back a lot of memories of when I was growing up in the 70's, how about you?

YOU KNOW YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL IN THE 70'S IF.....

You wore that rainbow shirt that had half-sleeves, and a rainbow that went up one sleeve, across your chest, and down the other.

You made baby chocolate cakes in Your Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with snow cones from Your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.

You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.

You owned a bicycle with a banana seat, handlebar streamers, and a basket.

You owned roller skates with metal wheels. (Maybe even the one's that attached over top of your shoes!)

You thought Gopher from The Love Boat was cute. (Admit it!)

You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.

You had rubber boots for rainy/snowy days - remember Moon Boots?
    (Then you advanced to Duck Shoes in the 80s.)

You had an orange Tupperware lunchbox, or a metal Muppets lunchbox with matching thermos.

You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie", not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". How traumatic when people thought that you were a boy.

Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.

You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.

You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.

You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.

You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle).

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really badly. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!

You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink.

Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" and You kept it "pretty" with the rainbow/purple/pink plastic comb you kept in your back pocket.

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as who her friends; Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumpling, and Huckleberry Pie were.

You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.

Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.

You had Star Wars action figures.

It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

You had the "Wizard of Oz" doll set , too.

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.

You asked your Magic-8 Ball the question: "Who will I marry...Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"

You completely wore out your "Grease", "Saturday Night Fever", and "Fame" soundtrack albums.

You tried to do lots of arts and crafts things, like yarn and Popsicle stick God's Eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

You made Shrinky-Dinks!

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.

You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Weekly Reader book club.

You learned everything you needed to know about girl's issues from Judy Blume books like; "Are You there God? It's me, Margaret."

You thought Olivia Newton John's song, "Physical" was about aerobics.

You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

You had a Big Wheel with a brake on the side, and a Sit-n-Spin.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    These are great!!!! There's one out there similar that says how do you know if you were a child of the 80's. I think many of us were!

You completely wore out your "Grease", "Saturday Night Fever", and "Fame" soundtrack albums.
    Um, actually I still listen to my "Grease" one

Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" and You kept it "pretty" with the rainbow/purple/pink plastic comb you kept in your back pocket.
    Oh yeah!

You learned everything you needed to know about girl's issues from Judy Blume books like; "Are You there God? It's me, Margaret."
    Guilty as charged.

Yes and yes
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

You wore that rainbow shirt that had half-sleeves, and a rainbow that went up one sleeve, across your chest, and down the other. I LOVED that shirt

You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.That thing was too cool!

You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie", not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". How traumatic when people thought that you were a boy.Dorothy Hamill girl here, and the hairstylist NEVER should have given it to me with my thin, THIN hair...yes, once I was mistaken for a boy! I'm still traumatized

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.coolest game ever

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.I had totally forgotten about them... I think I'll "bring them back" by teaching my daughter.... can you still buy the type of barettes you'd need to make them?

You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle).I'd like a new pair now.

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.never heard of Dynamite, but had lots of Tiger Beat posters on my walls

You made Shrinky-Dinks!cool!

Fun, fun
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

MenInUniform
    You made baby chocolate cakes in Your Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with snow cones from Your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.
    ...................I remember doing both of these

You owned a bicycle with a banana seat, handlebar streamers, and a basket.
    ...................rode my brothers banana seat bicycle, no basket or streamers.

You owned roller skates with metal wheels. (Maybe even the one's that attached over top of your shoes!)
    ...................yep, yep.....I was just telling my neighbor about the ones that go over the top of the shoes. LOL

You thought Gopher from The Love Boat was cute. (Admit it!)
    ....................no, but I loved watching The Love Boat

You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.
    ....................loved watching Fantasy Island too, no nightmares, except the one where a woman goes back to find out who Jack the Ripper was. I had that nightmare because I always had nightmares about Jack the Ripper long before that episode.

You had an orange Tupperware lunchbox, or a metal Muppets lunchbox with matching thermos.
    .....................no but I did have (and still do) have a Mork and Mindy yellow lunchbox with a matching thermos.

You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie", not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". How traumatic when people thought that you were a boy.
    ....................my hair was pretty much always long but I had a friend of mine had the Dorothy Hamill LOL

You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.
    ....................I remember wearing a poncho. Now my 13 year old niece wears one. I didn't even know they still had those around.

You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.
    ..................LMAO I still have my dolls. LOL And the stage that I got too.

You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.
    ...................yep, Loved it!!!

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.
    ....................use to make my own.

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really badly. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!
    ...................nope but my friends and I always played Charlie's Angels and I was ALWAYS Sabrina. I even had my mom cut my hair, that was down to my waist, all the way up to my shoulders, then I cried. LOL

....................I remember those combs. LOL I had a pink one. LOL

Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.
    ....................Nope but I still sing Tomorrow, Tomorrow, there's always tomorrow.....etc.....

You had Star Wars action figures.
    ...................my brother had them. LOL

It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!
    ................Yep on all but the sleeping bags.
    You had the "Wizard of Oz" doll set , too.

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.
    ................I never heard of Dynamite either but I loved Tiger Beat.

You asked your Magic-8 Ball the question: "Who will I marry...Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"
    ...............never had a Magic-8 Ball but I wanted to marry Shaun Cassidy. LOL

...............Loved my Grease album too.

You made Shrinky-Dinks!
    ................I think we did.....didn't you put those in the oven?

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.
    ...............uh huh LOL

You thought Olivia Newton John's song, "Physical" was about aerobics.
    ...............Yep, LOL We even danced to it in 7th Grade gym class. LOL

...............ahhh Sit-n-Spin. I remember that and my little nieces that are 7 and 4 have one and play with it all the time.

To know which ones apply to me see the original list. I was the little girl of the 70s.

You can still get those barrettes at the store and some of them are actually being sold in the sets again...ribbon included.

I had the holly Hobby lunchbox and the strawberry shortcake sleeping bag.

When I was in the fourth grade our class was in the theatrical production of Annie. "The sun'l come out tomorrow..."

Not only did we aregue over who was dating Bo from Dukes, but who got to be anyone but sabrina from Charlie's Angels.

I can not believe how many of these actually apply. I am going to try to scan a picture of my pixie doo that my brother helped cut.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    ahhh I was all the above,, had a skateboard to be Jill from charlies angels , had the dorothy hammil cut,, then the wings.. comb,, all the above!!

This is like a checklist from my childhood!! (you can really tell I was born in 1970)

CHECK... You wore that rainbow shirt that had half-sleeves, and a rainbow that went up one sleeve, across your chest, and down the other.

CHECK... You owned a bicycle with a banana seat, handlebar streamers, and a basket.

CHECK...You owned roller skates with metal wheels. (Maybe even the one's that attached over top of your shoes!)

CHECK...You thought Gopher from The Love Boat was cute. (Admit it!)

CHECK...You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.

CHECK...You had an orange Tupperware lunchbox

CHECK...You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie", not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". How traumatic when people thought that you were a boy.

CHECK...You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.

CHECK...You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.

CHECK...You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.

CHECK...You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.

CHECK...You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle).

CHECK...You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink.

CHECK... You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as who her friends; Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumpling, and Huckleberry Pie were.

CHECK...Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.

CHECK...You had Star Wars action figures.

CHECK...It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

CHECK... You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.

CHECK...You asked your Magic-8 Ball the question: "Who will I marry...Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"

CHECK...You completely wore out your "Grease", "Saturday Night Fever", and "Fame" soundtrack albums.

CHECK...You tried to do lots of arts and crafts things, like yarn and Popsicle stick God's Eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

CHECK...You made Shrinky-Dinks!

CHECK...You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.

CHECK...You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Weekly Reader book club.

CHECK...You thought Olivia Newton John's song, "Physical" was about aerobics.

CHECK...You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.

OH BIG TIME CHECK...You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

i can pretty much check off all on the list, too! jenn, i actually had a solo in that production on the song "It's A Hard Knock Life!" LMAO

also, i was mistaken for a boy.... completely traumatized. i still give my mom grief about it and i have worn my hair very long for many years because of it.

A few of these apply to me, but these are the ones that are just too funny when you think about them!!!

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat. Did I ever!

You asked your Magic-8 Ball the question: "Who will I marry...Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"I preferred the older man, Rick Springfield!!! His song, Jessie's girl, was one of my favorite songs!

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer. Now, who didn't want to be a Solid Gold Dancer!!!

I didn't realize girls bought Star Wars action figures, too.

And my brother bought me a Shrinky Dink oven for Christmas last year because I enjoyed making them so much as a kid! I have actually used my oven in the past year to make little doodads for my kids.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast