This brings back a lot of memories of when I was growing up in the 70's, how about you?
YOU KNOW YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL IN THE 70'S IF.....
· You wore that rainbow shirt that had half-sleeves, and a rainbow that went up one sleeve, across your chest, and down the other.
· You made baby chocolate cakes in Your Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with snow cones from Your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.
· You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.
· You owned a bicycle with a banana seat, handlebar streamers, and a basket.
· You owned roller skates with metal wheels. (Maybe even the one's that attached over top of your shoes!)
· You thought Gopher from The Love Boat was cute. (Admit it!)
· You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.
· You had rubber boots for rainy/snowy days - remember Moon Boots?
(Then you advanced to Duck Shoes in the 80s.)
· You had an orange Tupperware lunchbox, or a metal Muppets lunchbox with matching thermos.
· You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie", not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". How traumatic when people thought that you were a boy.
· Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.
· You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.
· You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.
· You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.
· You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.
· You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.
· You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle).
· You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really badly. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!
· You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink.
· Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" and You kept it "pretty" with the rainbow/purple/pink plastic comb you kept in your back pocket.
· You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as who her friends; Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumpling, and Huckleberry Pie were.
· You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.
· Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.
· You had Star Wars action figures.
· It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!
· You had the "Wizard of Oz" doll set , too.
· You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.
· You asked your Magic-8 Ball the question: "Who will I marry...Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"
· You completely wore out your "Grease", "Saturday Night Fever", and "Fame" soundtrack albums.
· You tried to do lots of arts and crafts things, like yarn and Popsicle stick God's Eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.
· You made Shrinky-Dinks!
· You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.
· You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Weekly Reader book club.
· You learned everything you needed to know about girl's issues from Judy Blume books like; "Are You there God? It's me, Margaret."
· You thought Olivia Newton John's song, "Physical" was about aerobics.
· You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.
· You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.
· You had a Big Wheel with a brake on the side, and a Sit-n-Spin.