+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You Know You Were A Little Girl In The 70's If.....

Go on, Z. We're listening.

My college roommate wrote a stunning paper relating Plato's teachings to The Wizard of Oz. It was awesome. I'd try to share it with you, but I know I'd screw it all up.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I remember the Wizard of Oz being on NBC once a year and it was a big treat! I also remember Peter Pan on either NBC or CBS with Mary Martin as Peter Pan which was also a big treat.

Mr

Originally posted by ClaraBella
    Also, I had a granny gown (Calico Little House on the Prairie style long dress) when I was a kid. Was that the 60's or the 70's? Also I had a pair of white leather go go boots. Would that be the 60's or the 70's. Alzheimers!~
    I think both are from the late 60/early 70's Clara, I remember wearing both also and thinking I looked so grown up. The dress is more early 70's. But face it white gogo boots are timeless.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I am still trying to figure out if I am a 60's kid or a 70's kid. My childhood years were spent in the 60's and my teenage years were spent in the 70's. Near as I can figure, that makes me......OLD!

Originally posted by ClaraBella
    I am still trying to figure out if I am a 60's kid or a 70's kid. My childhood years were spent in the 60's and my teenage years were spent in the 70's. Near as I can figure, that makes me......OLD!

I'm kind of in the same boat ClaraBella. I was 8 when the 70's started so I just figure I"m a child of both. For example, instead of Barbie my first doll like that was Twiggy. Same idea, less chest. Barbie just wasn't as big then. But I remember enough "kid stuff" from the 70's to figure I'm a child of both. (either that or I was very immature)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I remember all the "big event" TV shows...including the Christmas specials. Charlie Brown, Rudolph the Red nose Raindeer, the Grinch....that doesn't seem to really happen much, My kids have them on tape so why bother watching it on TV with commerials. The Wizard of Oz can be put in the the tape player at any time. Which on one hand is kind of sad, on the other hand it's nice to know, when ever you want to see something...say Charlie Brown Christmas in July, you have the freedom to pop it right in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123