+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You Know You Were A Little Girl In The 70's If.....

Some of the list I was a little old for but I got caught on a few of them....
    ∑ You thought Gopher from The Love Boat was cute. (Admit it!)
    Sad but true

∑ You owned a bicycle with a banana seat, handlebar streamers, and a basket.
    In Hot Pink with wild Daisies on the seat

∑ You had an orange Tupperware lunchbox, or a metal Muppets lunchbox with matching thermos.
    Almost...had a metal Snoopy Lunchbox....was dying for a Welcome Back Kotter one but was past the age when they were cool

∑ You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.
    Plus don't forget Indian cotton shirts, bright bell bottoms, white plastic boots with heels, clogs, Puka shell necklaces.

∑ You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle).
    those and the hard plastic soled high heeled "hooker shoes"...of course that may have just been a Michigan thing.

∑ It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!
    Oh Yes!!!!!
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    [i]And my brother bought me a Shrinky Dink oven for Christmas last year because I enjoyed making them so much as a kid! [/B]
    Okay, that was a LOL moment WAY too early this morning.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by Wolf
    I preferred the older man, Rick Springfield!!! His song, Jessie's girl, was one of my favorite songs!

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.
    i had a shirt with the words "jesse's girl" ironed on the back.

also, i still have the top 20 songs from 1980 tape recorded from kasey casum's (spelling?) radio countdown. madonna's "like a virgin" was number 1!
    Last edited by sher; 12-17-2002 at 11:34 AM.

Question. Was the Cabbage Patch craze in the 70's or the 80's? Also, I had a granny gown (Calico Little House on the Prairie style long dress) when I was a kid. Was that the 60's or the 70's? Also I had a pair of white leather go go boots. Would that be the 60's or the 70's. Alzheimers!~

Well, technically I'm a child of the 80's, but I can still identify with these! And Clara- Cabbage Patch was the 80's I think. I know I had them when I was little.

∑ You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink. (It was, when I was 5! LOL It grossed me out at the time, though. )

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as who her friends; Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumpling, and Huckleberry Pie were.

Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.

FORT Fogey
    cabbage patch was the 80's,, someone gave me one for graduation..lol

I was just talking with my wife about "The Wizard of Oz" the other day. I saw it was going to show on TNT or something. That made me sad. Used to always show on network TV. Now you need basic cable to see it. How deprived our kids will be!!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

MenInUniform
    Originally posted by Paulie
    I was just talking with my wife about "The Wizard of Oz" the other day. I saw it was going to show on TNT or something. That made me sad. Used to always show on network TV. Now you need basic cable to see it. How deprived our kids will be!!
    Actually Paulie, The Wizard of Oz was on The WB on a Sunday night about 3-4 weeks ago. I don't have cable or satelite or direct TV or anything of the sort. So there is still hope that kids will be able to see it on network tv in the future too. This was the 1st time in years that it was on "normal" tv.

dar

I never liked the Wizard of Oz all that much ....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

What a funny memory. All this talk of the Wizard of Oz made me remember my high school modern world history teacher. He was...well, he was...completely indescribable as it turns out. He used to go on and on about how the Wizard of Oz was a metaphor for communism. What a character. You should have heard what he had to say about Cabaret.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast