+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Present You've Ever Gotten

Best/Worst Present You've Ever Gotten

Worst - half way used make up (foundation) :mad:
    Best - ring (from My boyfriend this year....early gift)
    Missin Dave

Best....a gift certificate for 8 massages at a nearby spa.

Worst....my own ice skates that I had loaned my sister one year in college.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Best....a gift certificate for 8 massages at a nearby spa.

Worst....my own ice skates that I had loaned my sister one year in college.
    HA! I've gotten gifts of my own too. Doesn't that just make you wonder what they're thinking?!?!
    Missin Dave

Knowing my sister, she wasn't thinking. She was broke and thought she had to have something under the tree. I would have prefered she said she was broke and offered to have me come visit some weekend.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

My worst - a set of previously used self-help tapes, ugh- what were they thinking? I knew it hadn't helped them! But then again, another worst was this year, a letter from my father whom I have not seen since I was nine, who now wants to get to know me and in the letter, still takes absolutely no blame for his actions! (I call it my Jerry Springer Christmas)

Best? the fact that the little kid I babysit got me a present this year, very sweet. H was so proud, he picked it out and bought it himself (a votive candle holder, he always wants us to have candlelight dinners)

Worst - purple cordouroy pantsuits w/ ruffley plaid blouses TWO YEARS IN A ROW. From my in-laws. I have not worn anything like this since I was 8, nor would I ever wear it. Made me feel like they'd never met me.

Best - a pearl and diamond ring from my late husband. It was so much more expensive than we could afford, but he said I deserved it for taking care of him that year when he was seriously injured after a motorcycle accident, and because I was about to give birth to our son. He died two years later and it's my most precious posession (except for the son and his sister!)

Molly, your best brought a tear to my eye.

Worst - I was 11 years old and got an ashtray from my 2 old maid cousins who had taken a ceramics class that year.

Best - My kids (12 & 10 at the time) bought me (divorced dad) a camera so I could take pictures of our fun times together.

My worst was the Christmas after my mother passed away. My sister had gone through all the things and decided to give me ALL my old report cards(wrapped as a gift from herself!) that my mother had saved. It was a nice thought but somehow I did not think that they were anyone elses but mine in the first place. I did not say anything then,but a few years later laughed that I did not want ANY more of MY old stuff for Xmas.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Worse: Living in Upstate N.Y., my car broke, nobody there and nobody called me. I cried alot..boy did I hate that Xmas.

Best: Every Xmas that I've spent with my gf, she makes every holiday fun. 6 yrs.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Awww...Mollyrose and WAypast and everyone else

Best gift: I got a cd boom box years ago and have been content with it. Yep, I'm one of the hold outs who still thinks 8 tracks "rock"! But seriously, I don't have an "official" cd player, just the boom box, and I love it.

Worst gift: Lots of ties. From one boyfriend, I got a book about barns. Yes. BARNS. I neither live near a barn, know about barns, or feel the need to own a book ABOUT barns. (And no we're not together anymore. ) When I was 14 my dad got me a broom and a dust pan. I kid you not. He was preparing me for my eventual move out of the house. (Okay, he gave me other stuff that year, but STILL, the broom? Dustpan? I say..N comma O.)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast