+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Present You've Ever Gotten

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Best: My daughter, born on 12/20/98, and she came home on Christmas Eve (after having to leave her in NICU for 2 extra days). It was the most amazing gift I ever received. (and I did get TiVo this year - not that it comes close, but I'm so thrilled!)

Worst (which actually turned out to be so special!): I have 8 siblings and we, before the kids came along, had a grab bag. My brother picked me. When it was my turn to open, he just looked at me and said "I owe you money for a gift". I was SO pissed at him. However, I showed up at his apartment door 2 days later and he gave me $100. So I went a bought myself a beautiful amethyst and blue topaz ring. He died 5 months later unexpectedly and I am so glad I didn't just do something stupid with that money. The ring always reminds me of him. It doesn't mean I was any less PO'd that Christmas day, but I remember back and smile, because it was so typical

I'm going to echo the buying-earrings-for-the-unpierced thing. It's been a while since anyone pulled that on me, though.
    My best gift this year (besides a needed new TV) was a cast-iron quilt rack from my mom. I have a couple of old quilts that my grandmothers made, so it's nice to have a place to display them that isn't the floor.
    Weirdest: a bellydancing "kit" that includes finger cymbals, "adhesive jewels" (?) and an "instructional booklet." From my best friend, who remembered that back when belly-dancing was the rage in fitness clubs, I wanted to try it (although I never did). We'll see. She got me a bottle of wine, too, so perhaps the two will go together.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Worst- this Xmas, my brother got me Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hand and elbow protectors for when i go roller blading (or biking he says)? it would have been a funny gag gift- but he was dead serious!

Best- Xmas '90 i was in Tel Aviv, Israel, and my GF at the time- surprised me and flew over to spend a few days with me- we went to Jerusalem and Bethlahem and had an AMAZING 3 days before i had to hed back to the Red Sea and Saudi Arabia

The worst present .............

My Dad always liked to tell the story about when he was on a scout trip as a young boy and was in a hurry to buy some small presents for his family. He ended up buying his uncle a comb. You've guessed it, he was bald, not a hair on his head!!
    Any other silly or inappropriate gifts given or received?

Well I don't know about silly & inappropriate but...

For Christmas my mother in law gave me this picture that is REALLY REALLY very gaudy & doesn't fit me or my style at all, I cannot see it fitting in with anything in our house. I have not hung it on the wall yet, I'm desperately trying to figure a place to hang it that it won't be TOO visible ...

Everytime I see her she asks: "Did you hang up that picture yet? Where are you gonna hang it???" Ugh...

Guys...how do you work yourself out of a situation like this? Any advice??? lol.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Hang it in the bathroom.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Hang it anywhere. Just make sure the nail is very small and very lose in the wall.

LOL .... good advice! After all we do get earthquakes here now and then....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

The worst present EVEr...so not PG-13 rated hahah .. *get my drift*?

so yeah my SECOND worst present ever, was errr ... a boxer shorts..with cartoons of littles hearts and all. Yeah yeah...not that bad, but when it comes from your own parents...that's just wrong!! hahaha....

I think the worst gift is cash. To me, it says you didn't have time to think of something I might like. When I was younger, money was a good gift because I was always broke. But now, I have enough to get by easily, so I'd rather get a gift that I probably wouldn't buy for myself, something frivolous, doesn't have to be expensive at all!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast