+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Present You've Ever Gotten

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Best: Two years ago I received a gift from my mom. It was a small porcelin Precious Moments box with my birthstone on the front and a key sticking from it where a keyhole. Inside, it descirbes the month (Thanksgiving Day and other holidays to come) and it also described a November birthday. It is so cute.

Worst: I received a laptop for Christmas last year. I really really wanted it for some time (try several years). Then, I got it and now I can't be off of my computer at all. I do homework, post on the FORT, run mailing lists, talk to friends, ect... I'm just wired!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Best: An Aragorn sculpture that my husband gave me last year...its incredibly details & I love it so much, it's without a doubt the gift that comes to mind when I think about the best Christmas gift....

Worst: People keep getting me earrings even though I dont have holes in my ears... I keep trying to find a way to break it to them gently without making them feel bad for getting me earrings & that I'm not appreciative of their gifts :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Best: A few years ago, my stepmother gave me the original of one of her paintings (she's an artist).

Worst: When my sister, Katherine, was a poor-starving-college-student, she gave me a 'used' coffee mug with the name 'Katerine' on it
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Worst: People keep getting me earrings even though I dont have holes in my ears... I keep trying to find a way to break it to them gently without making them feel bad for getting me earrings & that I'm not appreciative of their gifts :-)

You should get your ears pierced and call it a gift for THEM.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Worst: A Michael Jackson perfume pen...I am not kidding.

Tell me that was in the 80s... So did it smell ok?
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Best: WOOHOO! Today my husband just gave me a new Sony VAIO laptop. Now if only I could figure out how to use it.

Worst: Some of you know I have sucky Secret Santa luck...An example of one of the items I once received is a used jump rope. Gee thanks.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    Tell me that was in the 80s... So did it smell ok?
    Yeah, It was about 1985 or so. No, it stunk bad.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have the same problem, but it's been years since I've gotten any new earrings...I guess that means I've stuck with the same set of friends long enough that everyone knows me now. I still have a little drawer full of earrings somewhere...
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

lol spegs, ah I guess it'll just take time then, in the meantime I'll keep stashing away the earrings (I've thought about regifting but I can't find it in my heart to do it lol .... )

So far this year tho, I havent gotten any earrings... *knock on wood* :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    lol spegs, ah I guess it'll just take time then, in the meantime I'll keep stashing away the earrings (I've thought about regifting but I can't find it in my heart to do it lol .... )

So far this year tho, I havent gotten any earrings... *knock on wood* :-)
    Just think of all the body parts you could pierce and decorate now!! THEN you could tell all your friends that they turned you into a work of art. Wouldn't that just Floor them all!!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast