+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Practical Jokes in the workplace

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    My favorite one that I've pulled was on an office manager. (Mannyy years ago) She knew absolutely nothing about computers and even the simplest of computer stuff confused her.

Early in the morning before she came in..I set different "noises" to happen with a whole bunch of her keys on the keyboard.

space bar= dog barking
    period= doorbell
    enter= clap of lightening
    the "S" key= a scream
    and so on....

It was great!! She didn't have a clue that I'd done it. I was watching her from my desk as she looked BEHIND the monitor, looked at her mouse, lifted things.. She couldn't figure it out and thought she could just "work with those silly noises". But about 3 hours later, she was in a bad mood. She came and asked me to "look at her computer" and figure out what she had done wrong to it.

I ended up telling her...we laughed...now it's in "practical joke history".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I work in a printing plant. There are four printing presses, each with its own control room which includes a telephone . On more than one occasion, I've seen this done to folk who are getting a little too big for their britches. Someone will get the victim to go out away from the control room for whatever reason, and someone else will cover the earpiece of the phone with ink...black or dark blue so it doesn't show. Then, when the victim comes back, one of the perpatrators will go to the other press and call over there. When the victim answers the phone, their ear will be covered with ink for the rest of the night or until they look in a mirror.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I love those brainiac pranks. I had an electronics-whiz friend who played tricks with tiny sound chips, including putting them in his co-workers' pens so they'd beep. He once recorded some seagulls and waves and put that chip in a conch shell, telling people, "Listen, you can hear the ocean."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I love those brainiac pranks. I had an electronics-whiz friend who played tricks with tiny sound chips, including putting them in his co-workers' pens so they'd beep. He once recorded some seagulls and waves and put that chip in a conch shell, telling people, "Listen, you can hear the ocean."
    Let me just tell you, I SERIOUSLY misread the word "pens" there, and I was just about on the floor in shock. I'm glad I was wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12