+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Places where you live

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar

Haunted Places where you live

Does anyone here believe in Ghost and such? Got any good stories?

The hospital I work at..(Im a Labor and delivery nurse) has several rooms that are haunted. Room 237 is so scary...we hardly ever put patients in there anymore.

It turns out..that the hospital is built on a old indian burial ground. The only reason I know this is because I had watch a documentary on San Francisco on PBS and they mentioned the area where I work. Oh my god i got shivers...when I mentioned it at work people laughed...but 2 other people said they watched the show as well so they knew i wasnt making it up.

Some of the rooms call lights go on by them selves. When you walk by room 237 you can hear people having a conversation but when you go in there is no one there. Once i had a pt in that room and the husband called me and said could they please be moved to another room? When i asked why, He said there is something in the bathroom and its scaring them and something keeps hitting the wall...needless to say I moved them promptly....

I love hearing this kind of scary stuff...you know..haunted houses, ghosts, mothman stuff, its very interesting..
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

If you like haunting tales, I highly suggest the scariest book I've read in a long time...

"In a Dark Place: The Story of a True Haunting" by Ray Garton

I was alerted to the book after watching one of TLC's top show picks (they had a week in which they showed the most requested TLC shows). Anyhow, the show was two hours and titled, "A Haunting in Connecticutt". It was a documdrama of the true story of a haunting at a house in Connecticutt and it was more scary than the Exorcist or The Amityville Horror or The Shining or anything like it. Even my callous horror-freak friend thought it scared the bejeezus out of him.

Soooo scary I'm getting goose bumps just thinking of it.

I don't know if I do or don't believe in hauntings, but this is quite scary anyway, even for fiction.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    OOOOH thanks Shazzer Im going to check out the book
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hmmmm, been haunted out of one home and overseas where I worked had ghosts all the time in my room and some of the houses I stayed in. I hate walk throughs, they annoy me.

I love ghost stories. A couple of years ago, there was a TV show about the paranormal. It was a pretty good show, even if it freaked me out a little bit.

I will have to check that book out, Shazzer.

I have had several experiences with the supernatural myself and belong to an organization called the Southwest Ghost Hunters. Their website has all kinds of details about their investigations and links to ghost hunting clubs all over the country. Check it out at www.sgha.net

That book sounds very interesting Shazzer.
    I'll be tracking that one down for sure
    "That's Numberwang!"

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Tallulah, you should get MajiH in here; she runs a website dedicated to ghost stories. I think it's allaboutghosts.com or something like that.

It's a highly sought after book (I think amazon has used copies for $84 or some crazy high price, it's all because I heard the family won't let them reprint it. They've had countless movie offers, too, but they've decided they don't want to be in the spotlight anymore.)

So if you can't get a copy, I highly recommend you work with the Inter-Library-Loan (ILL) department of your local library to get a copy (to check out). They can get it for you even if it's not in your system/county (I live in MN, and I think my loaned copy came from a New York public library).

Note: You will be annoyed with the parents. They don't believe the kids and they brush off their own amazing and horrifying experiences for too long, until the haunting/attacks get very, very, very, bad. Like a snowball rollin' down a hill. (The story is told from everyone's viewpoint. Kid/parent/friend, etc.)

I just wish TLC was selling the two hour show! Better than any scary movie!
    Last edited by Shazzer; 08-29-2003 at 04:39 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    My house is very old. About 80 years or so. I'm convinced it's haunted. You know why?
    • First off, my room is scary to be in at night. There's an eerie presence in there whenever I turn off the light. Even when it's on, the presence is there.
    • There is banging from downstairs in the wintertime. When I go downstairs to check it out, no one is there.
    • Sometimes you can here footsteps when no one else is in the house.
    • If you go upstairs, you feel as though someone is following you, wherever you go. If you go in the bathroom, they wait outside for you to come out. If you go to your room, they follow you in and watch over you. It's not a good feeling though.
    • You can hear a few words sometimes in the night if you listen closely(in my room).

Here's something to think about.

I was sleeping peacefully one evening when I was awoken with a start to this:
    "So you though you could get away from me, huh?"
    It had come from the back of my neck, as though it were speaking into my head, but I could hear it with my own ears. And as soon as I heard that, I saw an image in my mind of a little girl's head floating in a bathtub full of water. It was just the head, and it wasn't bloody or anything, just there. The face was scary. Strangely pretty in a way (even though I am heterosexual), with bright blue eyes and nice, pale skin. It was twisted into a menacing snarl, and her hair was wet, stringy and dark. She was about my age, maybe a little younger. I doubt it was my imagination, becuase it was a flash. That was scary.

I have more stories, but I will save them for later.

And I'm not lying.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast