+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Places where you live

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    So, I just got spooked today when some guys in school said that they saw hauntings in the girl's toilet. I'm not going anywhere alone from now on.

I was in the toilet yesterday alone and I didn't lock the door because I wanted to dash out quickly. Suddenly I heard a person in the cubicle next to me. It really freaked me out.
    For some odd reason I thought you were a guy... no offense.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Sorry you lost your best friend, Pandora. I lost mine in '94, best friends since 1975. It was ugly-hard/sickening. Whenever I read that about people I'm extra sensitive to it.

Also, Pandora, I just wanted to quickly comment on the story about your grandparents. Touching and amazing.
    Shazzer, thank you. I am sorry about your loss too. We do become extra sensitive about painful things once we've experienced them. It's an awful hurt that is difficult to understand until one goes through it first hand. I wish no one ever had to feel it...but such is life, eh?

I've only told a few people this, but when my brother passed away in the hospital, I wasn't there, but about 8:15 in the morning, I felt this energy force, like a spirit come into me and then left, like something passed through me, something I never felt before, and later I went to the hospital, and found out he had passed, and the records stated it was at 8:15 am.

i definitely believe... too many stories to get into right now. but, i definitely believe.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I definitely believe in ghosts, but I also see them differently than most people here.

I think there are several types of spirits that visit us - angels, spirit guides, spirits and ghosts. Ghosts are earth bound and haven't passed over and they can be scary... but a lot of that is because they're scared too. Some refuse to believe they're actually dead and get quite upset when 'intruders' enter their space. Imagine how you'd feel if a total stranger suddenly moved into your bedroom, I bet you'd be pissed off too.

Spirits are people who have been here before. They can visit you anytime they want, but are probably having too much fun wherever they are to come back too often. They can visit in dreams or in everyday life, but to me they're not ghosts.

Spirit guides are what most people call 'guardian angels'. They're spirits who may or may not have ever lived on the earth. They're here to guide us if we seek it and try to help us complete whatever task we've chosen to do in this lifetime.

Angels are angels. Never on the earth and they only show up in times of great need.

The 'ghost writing' that was referred to before is also called 'automatic writing'. I've done it before and got interesting results. I was taught that it was our spirit guides leading the pen and not ghosts, though.

Ouija boards are very dangerous... VERY. I've yet to hear one good story come out from them. I used to play with them when I was younger and I regret every bit of it - if anyone ever chooses to take the risk and play with them I strongly suggest that they do a lot of research into them, and they also do everything they can to cleanse themselves and the area they're in...you don't want anything bad to come through.

For my own experiences, I have no haunting stories. I've been lucky enough to live in ghost-free houses. I've seen and felt about half a dozen spirits, but they were all quite benign and I never felt too scared around them. Ghosts have scared the crap outta me though, but oddly enough they've never been in the same room as me... I've seen a few pictures of old houses and an old prison that absolutely freaked me out. Even though you couldn't see anything besides the building, something was there.

For those of you reading this and thinking 'this chick is a wacko'... well, you're probably right.
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

I can only remember one encounter with the supernatural, and let me tell you: it was real eventful!

A couple years ago, I was staying over at my friend's vacation house in California just a couple hours out of the Bay area. His family is very rich and they have this beautiful house on top of a hill overlooking some great scenery. Anyways, during my stay during the first day, I got some strange vibes eminating from the center of the house. By center I mean both in height and in width and length, at the very center. Looking back on it, I realize that I noticed it but was trying to ignore it. Eventually night started to fall and I was given a room that had no windows (it was situated away from any of the house's outer walls). Being enveloped by that house and knowing about the vibe I was getting from the center of the house started getting me pretty nervous. I read in bed for an hour two, trying to lengthen the time until I would be forced to turn out the light and deal with the darkness. Finally I couldn't stay up anymore and just put the book down, turned out the lights and prepared to fall asleep. As soon as the lights went out, the "vibe" I picked up all day became much stronger and I immediately became frightened. I resolved to just labor through it and try to fall asleep. The minutes passed by and I knew I couldn't fall asleep.

I have no idea now why I did this, it might have to do with the feelings I was picking up from the center of the house, but I decided to get out of bed and see if I could just confront this (I thought at the time) irrational fear, and convince myself there was nothing supernatural about the entire matter. I exited my room and walked my way towards the center, since I slept on the third floor, I had to go down the stairs in complete darkness (moon wasn't out) and finally arrived at the place where I felt the vibe the strongest. It was the very center of the house, and it was a featureless room that opened up on my left. As I walked inside and looked left I saw 3 skeletons that stood as if they were nailed onto the wall. On a nearby dresser, I saw a camera. At this point I had practically no control overmyself. I picked up the camera and faced the 3 skeletons. Each of them wore deep mauve hats and were looking at the floor. Slowly and in unison they each started looking up at me and the lights immediately filled the room. In my fright, I took a picture of what I saw and immediately fled that room.

I later developed the film, and found this single picture to describe the scene. Whenever I look at this picture, I remind myself that the supernatural exists. That there really is something out there:

The grisly scene

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    I definitely believe in ghosts, but I also see them differently than most people here.

I totally agree with your point of views on the different types of ghosts and spirits and such
    I swear the alcohol is coming out my nose

Ociffer...i swear to drunk i am not God...

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    If you like haunting tales, I highly suggest the scariest book I've read in a long time...

"In a Dark Place: The Story of a True Haunting" by Ray Garton

I was alerted to the book after watching one of TLC's top show picks (they had a week in which they showed the most requested TLC shows). Anyhow, the show was two hours and titled, "A Haunting in Connecticutt". It was a documdrama of the true story of a haunting at a house in Connecticutt and it was more scary than the Exorcist or The Amityville Horror or The Shining or anything like it. Even my callous horror-freak friend thought it scared the bejeezus out of him.

Soooo scary I'm getting goose bumps just thinking of it.

I don't know if I do or don't believe in hauntings, but this is quite scary anyway, even for fiction.
    I am on page 289 of this 313 page book. I got it through inter library loan as you suggested. It is very scary. While waiting on this book, I read Black Hope Horror. It is a story of a family from Texas and all the illness and death that befalls their family after building their dream house in the wrong place. I think that one scared me even more because of all the illness and death. Scary, scary! Thanks for the heads up on the ILL. I will certainly use that again. I found several copies of the book for sale, but nothing less than $75 I would rather borrow.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I am really enjoying all your stories. When I was a child, me and my sisters heard and saw some strange things. When we grew up it seemed to stop, except for my sister Penny. She continued to see things that weren't explainable. For example, she was giving a party when she noticed a man dressed in long black clothes, striding pass the party goers and into her livingroom wall. Nobody else seemed to notice. When her son was 2 or 3, he asked her who the "babyman" was. He described a small figure with a man's head watching him while he was playing with his toys. She told him it was just his imagination, but he continued seeing it and he became afraid because it looked "mean". By the time he was 5 he didnt see it anymore, thank goodness.

Hows this

last week I buried my step-father in law. We took this pic of his grave an hour after the service was over. Interesting pillar of light from the center of his gravetop to the sky.
    [IMG]images/img/Jaysgrave.jpg[/IMG]
    The upper right and lower left corners are from the sun, it was at the upper right of the pic when it was taken, but I can't dismiss that shaft of light as being from the sun, this was with a polaroid instant camera
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread