+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Places where you live

My dog Bitsy died from cancer two years ago. She is still hanging around the house. She moves her toys now and then and at night when it is quiet I can sometimes hear her running through the house. I got tired of all the toys moving so I put them up.

One time when I was at color guard camp I had a dream about my dog, Suzie. She was in a tornado and the air was sucked out of her lungs. She died because she could not breath. My mom called the next morning to tell me she might be late for our performance and I asked her who had died. She asked me why I thought someone had died and I told her about my dream. Later that day she showed up late to the performance as expected, but got to see most of our routine. She was wearing a dress and her eyes were red. I asked her agian who had died and she said that my uncle Bill had passed. I asked her why she did not tell me before and she said that she did not want to upset me before the performance. Uncle Bill had respiratory distress and died. He simply could not breath.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

This thread is giving me chills but I love reading this kind of stuff. Thank you all for sharing your personal stories
    The power of the subconscious mind is an amazing thing...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I've never been a believer of this type of thing HOWEVER a couple of experiences I had least week are causing me some concern. My best friend of over 40 years passed away last week and I went to TN from OH for the funeral of course. At the funeral, the preacher who was conducting the service did not know my friend (his regular pastor was on vacation in Florida). This preacher just kept saying "I didn't know Mark, but...." and it was really getting to me. I was just getting ready to say "Well I did and let me tell you what a great man he was!" and start talking. As soon as I had this thought, a BIG wind kicked up, the trees were rustling and I swear, something grabbed me by the scruff of the neck. I turned around and there wasn't anyone close enough to have been able to do that. It was as if I were being held back! That evening back at his house (he lived alone on 50 acres in the country) where I was staying with his sister and her husband from Texas, we were talking about religon and she asked if I had a Bible. I told her no so she said she would find one for me. The next morning she had a Bible she found in his belongings and inside the front cover was a post it note in my departed friends handwriting that said "trackdown Scotty" with my address under it!
    I'm sorry for your loss Unklescott.

What an amazing story. And everyone else, wow, very interesting stories.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Harmoj
    My dog Bitsy died from cancer two years ago. She is still hanging around the house. She moves her toys now and then and at night when it is quiet I can sometimes hear her running through the house. I got tired of all the toys moving so I put them up.
    I've heard more animal haunting stories from friends than human hauntings. Years ago, when my favorite cat died, I wanted him to haunt me. He never did. I'm such a coward I'd probably have had a heart attack if he had though. Maybe he knew that, eh? It's my strongest wish that he will be the first thing I see when I pass.

Harmoj, the story about the doll shop gave me chills. It's amazing to me..how many people have premonitions in dreams. My mom and a close friend often have these dreams. I told them both not to tell me if they ever dream of my death.
    I'd drop dead just hearing it.

Unklescott, what an amazing story. I'm so sorry you lost your best friend. I lost mine recently (little over a year ago). We'd been friends since 1979. Leaves a huge gaping hole in your heart, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Ok the supernatural freaks me right out. I have goosebumps reading this thread! I dont think I have ever had an encounter with a ghostly spirit or what have you. My problem is I have very vivid dreams about normal day to day things and situations. The freaky part is that months later the situation actually takes place and I can change the outcome by knowing what didnt work the first time. creepy
    now none of you will talk to me because thats just freakish
    That's not freaky, it's like Dejavu.... I have it myself. It's interesting to be with a group of people and KNOW without a doubt who is going to say something next, and what they are going to say and do...... sometime I mess with it, just to screw it up.... but mostly I "watch" from the outside and see the events unfold. Sometime I tell people...... "Hey! This has already happened! I know what you're going to say/do!" :rolleyes Course most people dismiss me and the idea of this as nutso..... but I find it fascinating!
    Angel

Reality depends on your perception of things.... "what is perceived as real, is real in it's consequences"

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    What are dreams ? Are they hinting something ?

Once, I dreamt of myself in the kitchen with my mom as she was preparing her dinner. Then all of a sudden, she started smiling at me, and saying something like watch your words and stuff. Then, out of the bathroom toilet which is near the kitchen, a Malay demon came out and started sucking blood from my hand. I was freaked out, and tried to scream, but nothing came out, no words, no voice. Then I started to blur out.

And then I awoke.

When I woke up, I have this eerie feeling that someone or something is observing me close, watching my every little move. I was scared.

I didn't sleep well that night. Cause if I go back to sleep, I might dream that nightmare again. And my eerie feeling was still in me.

Spooky !

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
    I've heard more animal haunting stories from friends than human hauntings. Years ago, when my favorite cat died, I wanted him to haunt me. He never did. I'm such a coward I'd probably have had a heart attack if he had though. Maybe he knew that, eh? It's my strongest wish that he will be the first thing I see when I pass.

Harmoj, the story about the doll shop gave me chills. It's amazing to me..how many people have premonitions in dreams. My mom and a close friend often have these dreams. I told them both not to tell me if they ever dream of my death.
    I'd drop dead just hearing it.

Unklescott, what an amazing story. I'm so sorry you lost your best friend. I lost mine recently (little over a year ago). We'd been friends since 1979. Leaves a huge gaping hole in your heart, I know.
    Sorry you lost your best friend, Pandora. I lost mine in '94, best friends since 1975. It was ugly-hard/sickening. Whenever I read that about people I'm extra sensitive to it.

Also, Pandora, I just wanted to quickly comment on the story about your grandparents. Touching and amazing.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    So, I just got spooked today when some guys in school said that they saw hauntings in the girl's toilet. I'm not going anywhere alone from now on.

I was in the toilet yesterday alone and I didn't lock the door because I wanted to dash out quickly. Suddenly I heard a person in the cubicle next to me. It really freaked me out.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I have a ghost in my room.

+ Reply to Thread