+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Places where you live

I love Coast to Coast. I miss Art, but George is a great replacement.

I am skeptical on some topics, but it certainly is an interesting show.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Sometimes i make the big mistake of listening to it on the way home from work (i get off at midnite) and i get really scared...lol I miss art as well.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I am a big believer in a lot of supernatural topics but the 'psychological issues in contemporary society' class i'm taking in school it's teaching us to examine all the evidence first before believing something or assuming something is false.
    Very interesting class!!
    Yahtzee! Game on! We will make your life here a living hell. She's constantly in my ear, constantly in my ear. I'll see you in Arizona...with about 50 guys. If you thought you were running sh*t, that's gonna change!

I've never been a believer of this type of thing HOWEVER a couple of experiences I had least week are causing me some concern. My best friend of over 40 years passed away last week and I went to TN from OH for the funeral of course. At the funeral, the preacher who was conducting the service did not know my friend (his regular pastor was on vacation in Florida). This preacher just kept saying "I didn't know Mark, but...." and it was really getting to me. I was just getting ready to say "Well I did and let me tell you what a great man he was!" and start talking. As soon as I had this thought, a BIG wind kicked up, the trees were rustling and I swear, something grabbed me by the scruff of the neck. I turned around and there wasn't anyone close enough to have been able to do that. It was as if I were being held back! That evening back at his house (he lived alone on 50 acres in the country) where I was staying with his sister and her husband from Texas, we were talking about religon and she asked if I had a Bible. I told her no so she said she would find one for me. The next morning she had a Bible she found in his belongings and inside the front cover was a post it note in my departed friends handwriting that said "trackdown Scotty" with my address under it!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    OOh Unklescott, that made the hairs on my arms stand up!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I don't know if this is supernatural or not - but it is a little creepy (and long...sorry).

When I was a little girl - around 10, I loved china dolls. There was a store on the town square, a few blocks from our house, that sold dolls and other toys. Three weeks before Christmas, my Mom took my sister and I in to look at the dolls. We showed her the ones that we liked, but knew that we wouldn't get them because my Dad was out of work at the time and money was tight. Two weeks later I awoke from a strange dream. I can still remember every last detail as if it just happened.

I was standing in front of the doll store. Everything was dark inside. I went to the door, and it opened for me without me having to touch it. I walked inside and started looking at the dolls. I heard a noise behind me and I saw a strange man with a hooded sweatshirt come into the store from the back storage room. He had a can with him. He started swinging the can around spraying everything with some liquid. He then walked into the next room. I went over to the shelf where the dolls that my sister and I liked and picked them up. The man came back and threw a match on the floor. The store caught on fire. He walked out the front door. I watched the fire for a bit, then walked outside when the fire department got there. I stood outside in the street for a while watching the fire department put out the fire. It was a bad fire, and burned down the two buildings next to the doll shop. The firemen were packing up there equipment so I turned to go that's when saw that I was still holding the dolls that we had picked out. I went back into what was left of the store, and put them back on the shelf where I got them. None of the firemen noticed me. It was like I was invisible. Then I woke up.

The next morning we were on our way to school when I saw to my horror that the doll shop had caught on fire during the night and burned to the ground. Even the two stores next to it were gone. I was so afraid that I peed my pants. My Mom asked me what was wrong, but I couldn't tell her.

Every night until Christmas I had trouble sleeping. I was afraid I would dream about another fire that would happen. Christmas Eve I was very restless, and I got up about 2 o'clock to read in the living room. I turned on the light and to my horror the two dolls from the shop were sitting in the living room by the fire place. I screamed and turned the light out. I thought they were there to haunt me. My Mom and Dad came in to see what was wrong, and to calm me down. This is what she told me:

The day after the first trip to the doll store, Dad had sent Mom back to put the dolls we wanted on layaway. Every day after we went to school she would go and put a little more money on those dolls. When the shop burned down, they were horrified - and afraid that we wouldn't have a Christmas at all - so she went up to the store to try and find the owner. The owner had been trying to find my Mom to tell her that the only things to survive the fire were the two dolls that my Mom had put on layaway. The boxes had smoke damage, but the dolls were in pristine shape. She gave the dolls to Mom, and asked for no further payments. She said it was a miracle that they came through unscathed. You see, the fire was believed to be arson, and the chemical used made the fire so hot that many of the dolls had melted.

Weird huh.
    Last edited by Harmoj; 09-16-2003 at 03:44 PM.

I'm not reading this thread anymore, y'all are freaking me out too much! Harmoj, that is too wild.

Woah, the doll story is freaky.

When I was a freshman in college, it was the first time in my life that I didn't have a pet. I really missed my dogs back home. One night I had a very vivid dream about my little dog Sandy, a terrier/dauxhund (can't spell) mix. He was curled up in my lap and I was petting him. When I woke up in the morning the sensation of him curled up on my lap even though I was laying on my back was so strong I stayed there for a long time before the feeling slowly faded away.

I called my parents later that day and they told me that he had had a severe stroke the previous day and by night time they decided to put him to sleep. My mom's best friend is a vet so she came over and did it in the evening. I wasn't surprised - I knew something was different about that dream. I've never had a dream with so much physical sensation like that. (Just leave it, those of you with dirty minds!) I just knew he was with me, I could feel his fur and the heat from his body.

I still tear up when I think of it. But I like to think of it this way: I know that whatever happens after death our pets will be there too!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I still tear up when I think of it. But I like to think of it this way: I know that whatever happens after death our pets will be there too!
    If you've never read this hepcat, you need to. It's about where our pets go when they pass. It's called the Rainbow Bridge.
    http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Thanks, Nunklescott, but pardon me while I wipe my eyes. I've got 2 very beloved dogs & one sweet cat waiting for me.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread