+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Places where you live

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    I am convinced that the dead contact us in some way just to keep us safe.
    You see, my wife thinks that.... particularly regarding her father.... I think they contact us for their own odd amusement.... it must be boring sitting around for all eternity.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    You see, my wife thinks that.... particularly regarding her father.... I think they contact us for their own odd amusement.... it must be boring sitting around for all eternity.

I just feel sometimes when something might happen BAD, they are there for a split second to change our direction and when it does happen that's when they are like..."F 'em, they never listen!"

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    I looked for this online today and found nothing for less than $75. The problem is I am really interested in reading this book now and cannot bring myself to pay that much for a used paperback. Drats! I love a good scary story.
    You can get it through ILL (inter library loan). That's how I finally got a hold of a copy.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Anyhow, the show was two hours and titled, "A Haunting in Connecticutt". It was a documdrama of the true story of a haunting at a house in Connecticutt
    I saw this last year and it was REALLY scary, but then I kept telling everyone about it, after telling the story a few times it became less and less scary. The best part was when I told my sister all about it while we were out trick-or-treating with the kids on Halloween!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

This is my true story

My grandmother was placed in a nursing home following a long illness and several months in the hospital. Essentially, she was put there to die. My grandfather was so sick at heart over the thought of her dying. He died within days of hearing she would not recover her health.

Because my grandma's mind was pretty much gone (she did not often know her own children) my mom and uncles decided not to tell her about grandfather dying. The night before the funeral service they were visiting grandmother. She started going on and on about how grandfather had visited her the previous night and made love to her till dawn. She said grandfather told her they were going to be moving in 3 weeks, and that meanwhile, he was staying at 1022 Trent St., but he would be back for her in 3 weeks.

Well, my uncle became so upset that he blurted out that it was impossible that she had been speaking to grandfather, much less making love to him because he was dead. Grandmother insisted he was mistaken and that Grandfather had indeed been there with her last night. Oddly, other than telling a story that was obviously a figment of her imagination, she was very lucid and recognized all her children for the first time in many months.

Three weeks later she died. At her funeral my mom and uncles were telling this story to a friend of theirs and saying how odd it was that she died exactly three weeks later. The funeral director having heard the story and the address, interrupted and said, "That is the address here." Everyone was stunned.

None of us were actually aware of the funeral home's address, that is to say we knew where it was, but not the numbers. It gave everybody goose bumps. And combine that with the fact that grandmother thought grandfather was coming for her in 3 week so they could move to a new place. I like to think he did come to her, and that he waited for her to cross so they could carry on their existence together in a new world (heaven if you wish). The story always makes me feel warm and secure when I hear it or think of it.

Oh my god, Pandora's Box - your story made me cry. How very touching and thought-provoking - thank you for sharing it. I have often heard of older couples dying very close together, timewise. It must be a real comfort to you to think of them being together in the "afterlife". I really can't think of anything especially deep to say other than wow, what a special story of love you have to pass along to any children in the family.

And to the FORT!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Panora's box, your story reminded me of when my own grandmother past away. She was also put in a home basically to die,she had diabetes.when she entered the home she was alert and talkative,after a few week she stopped talking,became very combative and disruptive.They moved her to a private room and myself and my relatives took turns doing breakfast,lunch and dinner.I was the lunch shift and I remember falling asleep on in the chair and dreaming that I was at my grandmothers house. She came into the kitchen looking younger and walking without her cane.I vividly remember saying to her "Wow Gram you look great how are you feeling"? She replied "Marc I haven't felt this great in years,but I'll be alright don't worry about me".I woke up thinking she was calling me while I was sleeping,but she was also asleep.She hadn't spoken in a month so when I was leaving the Home I could hear her calling my name .I ran back to the room and she was asking the nurse where I wa. Th e nurse told me she just started yelling your name,my grandmother proceeded to grab me and beg me to get her out of there, I told her she was there for help. She stopped talking again. The next night my mother and 2 aunts were there and they were going to get something to eat. One of my aunts went back to the room and noticed that my grandmother had past.They say that they always wait for family to leave when they pass. It's just strange that the day before she was telling me in my dream she was fine ,maybe that was her already saying that she was accepting dying and was moving on. Just writing this makes me miss her more.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    I want an Ouija board!

Ok, so I guess that talking with ghosts could be a bit creepy, and I don't like the idea of sitting in a dark room with my mom (since all my friends live far, far away).

If you want to get your house haunted, then go ahead and get an Ouija Board. Thats how I got mine haunted when I was a teenager. After screwing around with one for about a month, lights would go off and on in the living room all the time. Dad said he saw a rocking recliner moving in the middle of the night. Came home from school and a lamp was busted. My dad's car was parked sideways in the driveway one morning... it had snowed the night before, there was snow under the car but no tire tracks showing that it was backed out of the carport. I will never mess with one of those again.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Hi, oneTVslave, and thanks for the welcome. I love the story I have to pass on about my grandparents. The funny thing is they argued all the time (still jealous of each other even into their mid-eighties). But, they adored each other to the end.

Aliasmq, it does seem that a high percentage of folks take a turn for the worse after they are put in a home. I've seen it countless times-- as if they just give up.

That's so eerie, you dreaming about your Gram and then she ended up calling for you! I know just how you feel, missing your grandmother. I miss my grandparents so much. Most of my best childhood memories are of spending weekends with them.

Ilikai, I would never have a Ouija board; I take them seriously and fear them. That's some scary stuff. Gave me goose bumps just reading your post.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    i wonder had anyone listen to Coast to Coast with George Nouri? It use to be Coast to Coast with Art Bell...It comes on around 11pm . They talk about the scariest things...from ghost to UFO, to demons, to Mothman prophecies to the men in black....tons of stuff...its a great show...its on am not fm
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread