+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Haunted Places where you live

MRD
    Ok, since the Fort is a tv forum first and foremost, I have to tell the story of what I believe was our visit from Carl. First I have always heard that the energy that a spirit gives off can blow lightbulbs and I had blown several yesterday. More than normal in a single day.

Then we had the tv on last night watching Dateline. We were at the dining room table and not in the living room where the clicker was. The channel changed to a blank channel we don't get (we have satellite tv). We just looked at each other and thought, that's strange. No one was near the clicker. We could see it from teh dining room and we were the only ones home. And it wasn't like Tivo was changing to record something as the red light was not on at all and it wouldn't change to a blank channel we don't get.

Then after the segment on dateline, I switched to AMC and was watching Goldfinger (I love Bond movies) and precisely at 9 o'clock the tv changed again this time to the Soprano's. AGain, no Tivo light saying it was recording. I don't have it set to record any Sunday shows. We rarely watch the Sopranos as we only got HBO last year, so we were so far behind we seldom watch it as we don't know the storyline. BUT..... it was my friend Carl's FAVORITE tv show and he never missed it and owned the DVD's of the previous seasons. That's exactly when I knew it was him. So we sat there and watched it.

Oh and as the channel changed, we got the beep beep beep that the clicker makes when you press in numbers on to change the channel.

My daughter had a dream 2 nights ago where she was at their house and was cooking breakfast for the family who was still asleep. He came in the kitchen and she said in her dream she could see he was a ghost and he asked her what she was doing. He then proceeded to tell her he would cook (he LOVED to cook and did all the cooking at their house) and he made the breakfast. The family comes out and starts telling Lucy what a fabulous breakfast she made and she says she didn't cook it and they want to know who did and she says: Carl, can't you see him, he's standing right there. But they couldn't. She woke up from the dream and something passed over her face and she had no idea what it was, she said it felt like something just brushed her face.

His brother-in-law was staying at their house with the little boy who is 5 and they were in the boys room when the BIL heard the back door open and shut. He got up to check and as he was checking the back door, the front door opened and closed. No one there.

His wife says that she will smell him on occasion. Not all the time, but at certain times. And she can't keep teh light fixture going in their bedroom. It's done nothing but blow bulbs since he died.

Now my father believed that spirits or ghosts are souls that cannot for some reason move on and are trapped on earth. He believed that they needed help to reach "the light" because they were usually unhappy here but had no idea how to make it to the other side and the reason they stuck around the places they lived was that was where they were the happiest while alive. He was very involved in this kind of thing, a lot of research, etc. So I believe him.

I belive that Carl lasted as long as he did because he didn't want to leave his family and I believe he's still here because he still doesn't want to leave them.
    Last edited by MRD; 03-27-2006 at 07:16 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have a friend who gets visits from her father and other people. She's not afraid at all, she's used to it. I've had experiences when I was younger but not lately. My mother knew when her father died. We were in NJ and he was in GA and I don't remember the details because it's been a while since she told me the story, but she already knew he had died when the phone rang. He wasn't sick either so it's not like she was expecting the call.

I sometimes catch Sylvia Brown on Montel but she is so matter-of-fact and quick with her answers that I'm on the fence over her accuracy or believability. Why hasn't she led police to the where the girl in Aruba is if she's so good or any of the other high profile cases? I caught the first two episodes of John Edward Cross Country (there's a thread in other reality tv). He seems pretty accurate to me. Not 100% but very close and he does say things that aren't generalities. He is sometimes very specific which leads me to believe that he is real.

The stories about the dreaming - I believe there is a difference in dreaming about someone and "visits" as they're called. Sometimes we do get visits from our loved ones and dreams are the preferred method because we're more open to it during that time because our minds aren't preoccupied with all the day to day stuff. My grandfather has visited me in dreams a few times after he died but that was a long time ago.

You'll also hear the "pennies from heaven" stories where people will find pennies all over after thinking of a loved one who's passed.

This will sound out there but when my dog was dying I told her to come visit me and let me know she was okay. I asked her to let me hear "Sara Smile" from Hall & Oates because that's part of her name on her AKC papers. It's not a song you'd hear everyday either since it's pretty old. So about a month later after she died, I put on a station I never listen to and a couple of songs into it the song comes on. I wanted to cry but I was so happy too because I knew it was her and she was okay. Even after she died I wasn't as distraught as I was when I went through it with another dog years earlier because I felt immediately that she was at peace. I still miss her but I know that she's okay.

Anyway, I definitely believe that our energy lives on after we do. Maybe Carl needs to be told that it's okay for him to go to the light and that the family loves him and will be okay. Maybe that's all he needs to hear.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-27-2006 at 07:53 AM.

I'm definately a believer. I dont' know what I would call them, ghosts, spirits, energies...but I believe that there is something out there. Something unexplained.

I havne't had a personal experience in awhile, but use to alot when I was younger and when we had our first (she's 4.5 now).

My last memoriable experience was with my friend. She's such a spiritual person. Can read the cards, sees things, knows things about people she just couldn't possibly know.

We were just having coffee talking about things happening in my life, and things from when my youngest brother was born and as we talked, she started looking above me. I kept talking, but looked up and didn't see anything. My friend smiled at me, so I kept talking (I have a tendency to ramble ).

Anyways, as I was talking I could feel this weight on my arm, like someone was holding it down...my friend "spaced out" while this was happening. I could feel this weight go along my arm and...it's hard to explain, but it felt like someone was sitting on my arm, next to me...like almost on my lap, but not really, just really really heavy. My friend asked if Icould feel that....I said yes and asked her what it was....then as soon as I said that, I could feel the weight shift and go. It was so quick, like when someone gets off the couch when they sit on the same cushion as you.

It was the weirdest thing. My friend said all she could "see" was an "energy". I have a lot of passed on relatives, but we were talking about my brother and my mom's relationship when I felt it. When my friend first met my youngest brother (he was 19 at the time), she said she could see an energy standing behind him on his left side. My brother had a stroke when he was a year old, and cannot use his left side very well. We were both thinking that it may have been this because we were talking about him and the stroke and my mom's roll or possible roll in the cause when it the energy came.
    So weird...gives me the heebie jeebies just talking about it. That was really the first time I had "felt" something in a LONG time. I was probably 7 or 8 the last time I literally [U]felt[U] a presence.

We've definately seen and heard some strange things...but my hubby works shift so I'm alone with the kids at night alot. I will ask to be left alone, cause it freaks me out a bit. Usually it works.

I get more freaked out by the strange/unknown type shows, rather than the psycho killer ones also.
    I get freaked out by watching Ghost Whisperer...yet I watch it every week! Lol...The 6th Sense also freaked me. I've only seen it once, I love the ending, but it still freaks me out.

I have many more events I could tell...but this post is long enough. I will say that there is definately something out there. Too many people have had experiences of one kind or another for it to be a hoax or untrue.
    ---------------------
    opps....

MRD
    I've had visits from both my father and mother. And weirdly enough, Archie it was similar to yours. My grandmother died on July 7, 1999, My dad died July 29, 1999 and 3 weeks later our dog of 11 years died suddenly. I was very distraught over the dog, but I think it was just a build up of losing 3 loved ones in a short period. I had cried all afternoon and evening and I couldn't sleep. I was laying in bed reading and the radio was on when I noticed a blue feather, skipping around the room near the ceiling. As I watched it, I realized the song on the radio was "In my father's eyes". I watched the feather circle the room and I felt an incredible peace come over me and that all would be ok and that Annie (our dog) was ok. Then it floated out the bedroom door. I went to look for it and never found it. Blue was my father's favorite color and he used to talk a lot about Harry Houdini saying he would float a white feather across the room after he died to let his wife know he was ok.

a few weeks later, I was up late at the computer and the same blue feather reappeared and kept tickling my nose. I kept brushing it aside, but it kept coming back and tickling me. My dad was very playful and into tricks and practical jokes. Then the feather floated off and again disappeared. We never found it even when we moved and moved all the furniture out of the house.

Also 2 days before Hurricane Charley struck (we live 15 miles from ground zero), I was standing in my dining room trying to remember why I had walked in there. I thought my daughter had come in and was standing next to me, so close that we were shoulder to shoulder. I turned my head to look at her and no one was there, but I felt it was my mother and I heard this message in my thoughts: "you will be ok". We were the ONLY one of all of our friends that had no damage to our house, just lost power for a few days. We then proceeded to run our own private hurricane shelter for those that had MAJOR damage and had to get out of their houses. I will always believe it was my mom telling me not to worry, we would be alright. We didn't even have any downed limbs in our yard.

The other weird thing that happened was in May 2000 I was driving down the road and heard my father's voice say: Go see a psychic. He was a firm believer in psychics and paranormal stuff. I asked around trying to find one and couldn't, so I didn't pursue it. Then in Oct. my mom was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. But back in May she had a chest xray and in the very top of the chest xray you could see a spot that was the cancer on her thyroid. No one caught it until she was diagnosed in Oct. I really think my dad was trying to get me to go to someone so he could warn me about my mother.
    She died 3 months later and even had she known about it in May, there was nothing they could have done about it because she was too ill from lung disease to have surgery or other treatments, but I would have had a few more months to prepare had I paid attention to the message my dad tried to tell me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie
    does anybody know anything about Devil's Eblow missouri especialy the bluffview apatrments area some strange things are happening.

+ Reply to Thread