+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Haunted Places where you live

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    My house is very old. About 80 years or so. I'm convinced it's haunted. You know why?
    • First off, my room is scary to be in at night. There's an eerie presence in there whenever I turn off the light. Even when it's on, the presence is there.
    • There is banging from downstairs in the wintertime. When I go downstairs to check it out, no one is there.
    • Sometimes you can here footsteps when no one else is in the house.
    • If you go upstairs, you feel as though someone is following you, wherever you go. If you go in the bathroom, they wait outside for you to come out. If you go to your room, they follow you in and watch over you. It's not a good feeling though.
    • You can hear a few words sometimes in the night if you listen closely(in my room).

Here's something to think about.

I was sleeping peacefully one evening when I was awoken with a start to this:
    "So you though you could get away from me, huh?"
    It had come from the back of my neck, as though it were speaking into my head, but I could hear it with my own ears. And as soon as I heard that, I saw an image in my mind of a little girl's head floating in a bathtub full of water. It was just the head, and it wasn't bloody or anything, just there. The face was scary. Strangely pretty in a way (even though I am heterosexual), with bright blue eyes and nice, pale skin. It was twisted into a menacing snarl, and her hair was wet, stringy and dark. She was about my age, maybe a little younger. I doubt it was my imagination, becuase it was a flash. That was scary.

I have more stories, but I will save them for later.

And I'm not lying.
    If you're scared why don't you move out? I'd be scared-dead if I saw what you saw.

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    You see, my wife thinks that.... particularly regarding her father.... I think they contact us for their own odd amusement.... it must be boring sitting around for all eternity.

My dad told me this story he read a long tiime ago-A businessman had a flight to Japan. While he was in a taxi a little boy stood in front of the road. The man imdediatly asked the taximan to stop and asked the little boy where he was going. The boy told him where and the business man decided to take the boy where he needed to go, then get on his flight. The taximan kept drving and drving and the businessman realized the boy had tricked him and confronted the boy. The little boy started laughing-a creepy ghostly laugh and dissapeared. The man decided to get on another plane to Japan tomorow since he was alreadl late to his flight. That night, on the news, a news reporter reported that everyone on the plane he would've been on crashed and there were no survivors. The businessman then remembered the little boy a while ago that he saw some car hit the boy. He imediatly rushed out, picked up the boy, and rushed him to a hospital trying to do his best to save him. The little boy died anyways, but the businessman decided this was the little boy's way of thanking him.

I don't really know if it's true, but it sounds possible.

Here's another story my dad read-there were two people who were going to get married, but then, the guy broke up with the girl. She was furious and vowed revenge. She did so by hanging herself in a red dress(legend has it that if you hang yourself in a red dress, you can venge anyone whom you feel anger too). Then, she fell, and her face broke. Her ghost started to bother her ex. The guy went to some fortuneteller and the fortuneteller told him to lie on his bed one day and don't look under the bed and her vengeful spirit will stop haunting him. On that day, he lay down. He heard his ex walk upstairs and open and close his room. Then he waited. Finally, he couldn't stand it anymore and looked down. He saw her broken face. He was so scared, he died.

I had a friend whose house had poltergeists. We would go to bed and in the morning furniture would be rearranged. One morning we woke up and every clock in the house had been set to a different time.

I've also seen 2 ghosts myself. One was my Great Grandfather. The other was in my house. We were in the kitchen talking when suddenly there was a man standing in the corner. We had no idea who he was and when we tried to look more closely, he faded away. We found out later that the previous owner of the house had suddenly died right about the time we saw the man. We figured maybe he'd come to check on the house.

Yes, I do.

I've got a few stories, but here's one . . .

My lunch had just about ended, so I was headed across the street to go back to work. The street I had to cross had lights, but was still very dangerous.

I stood next to the lightpost on the sidewalk until the light turned green for me to go ahead and walk into the crosswalk to the other side. When the light turned green, I checked for cars coming up and down the street. No traffic was visible coming either way.

Just as I put my right foot down into the crosswalk, I heard a voice say to me: "Step BACK!"

At the same time, I lost all control of my right foot and leg. My foot touched down then immediately bounced back up onto the sidewalk, as though I were a puppet being pulled by invisible strings.

Just as my right foot hit the sidewalk, a car flew by me and straight through the red light that he had, going what had to have been at least 60 miles per hour. It was so close to me that the tail of my dress hit his front right bumper and light and wrapped around me like a sheet, or shroud.

That car had not been anywere in the street seconds earlier.

And there was no person anywhere around me. I was the only one standing at the crosswalk.

Had my foot not been moved, I clearly would have been killed.

I still even remember what I was wearing that day.

And every word is true.
    Last edited by ness; 04-14-2004 at 01:04 AM.

Yes, I believe. When I was 12 or 13, I stayed in a hotel with my mom and woke up in the middle of the night staring straight ahead but couldn't move or speak. I tried as hard as I could to move my arm or scream and couldn't. I had an overwhelming feeling of pressure on my entire body, became light headed and felt darkness yet still couldn't move. I was trying with all my might to move my arm from the bed and finally about 5 minutes later, my arm flew up from the bed and smacked my mom in the chest really really hard. My mom had a bruise that looked like she'd been in a head on collision with a seat belt on!! I felt smothered for those incredibly long 5 minutes.....next morning I found out that several other guests at different times, different years told similar stories........I sleep on my stomach now so nothing can sit on me!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Ok, I have one even better. In 2000 when my mom was in the hospital dying of cancer, my grandmother was in the room with me and my aunt and uncle and while my mom was taking her last breaths, my grandma whispered to my aunt that someone was sitting in the chair next to my mom's hospital bed. No one was there, but my grandma swore someone was sitting there and disappeared!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    wow, every one has such good stories...!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar

Haunted Places where you live!

I know I started a thread a while ago about Believing in the Supernatural but this thread is about haunted places where you live or in your state.

I just found out (last nite) This park several blocks from our house is haunted. I occasionally take my dogs there to the leash free area. There is also a huge duck pond there. I dont go there often because its seems very lonely (its rather big) and forlorn. There is something about it that feels oppressed and creepy but I couldnt put my finger on it.

Well I was online last nite and reading about Haunted Places in California (dumb to do at nite) and DelMar Park was listed there. Apparently it is haunted! Supposedly several specters haunt the park. These are ghost of people who have been murdered in the park! (It is a very nice neighborhood) The site stated that if you do visit the park at nite you should bring several people with you because these spirits are quite malevolent.( and the scary murderer people.) They also talked about the duck pond and said people have felt "strange" and foreboding things while walking around.
    I totally freaked out. I am no longer going to that park!

So what scary place are in you neck of the woods? Places that forever have had rumors about them or known hauntings (cemetaries, houses, parks, hospitals stores, roads...etc...) Places that you wouldn't dare go near as a kid and still would?

Lets be scared!!!!!!!!

ANother one....There is this long road call Redwood Road. It goes from Oakland all the way to Castro Valley. When my mom was growing up people would dare each other to find the Witch of Redwood Road...of course people "claimed" to see her but no one could ever prove it...When I was growing up it was the same thing....people would dare each other to drive that road at nite..and look for the Evil Witch of Redwood Rd...lol I never went cause i was to scared....lol
    Last edited by Tallulahbaby; 04-18-2004 at 07:35 PM.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread