+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first name

Your first name

Do you like your first name? Why, why not? Would you have picked something else if you could have chosen your own name?

It must be fate that brought me into this thread a minute after it started because I absolutely hate my first name (no, it's not Jane :rolleyes). It just doesn't suit me. My dad chose my name with the best of intentions of course, but I would've preferred something...else.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Growing up I hated my first name. Dagny has a lot of variations for mean little kids to think up. Now I love it. In social situations, it is a great ice breaker. People usually ask me where it came from ,etc.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I love my first name.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I hate my first name (Amy), but I guess it suits me.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    My first name suits me pretty well, I guess. Kinda boring, but it's perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Growing up I hated my first name. Dagny has a lot of variations for mean little kids to think up. Now I love it. In social situations, it is a great ice breaker. People usually ask me where it came from ,etc.
    Dagny is an AWESOME name! Isn't that the name of one of the main characters in "Atlas Shrugged"??

I am sure that the kids were relentless though. It probably made you a stronger person, though. Unique names will do that!

My name is so vanilla. And everyone always says to me "hey did you know you can spell your name the same way backwards and forwards?" "No moron, I never realized that!"

Bob
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    And everyone always says to me "hey did you know you can spell your name the same way backwards and forwards?" "No moron, I never realized that!"Bob
    I can't believe people actually say that!

I don't care for my real name. Variations of it are everywhere (especially on reality TV shows) and no one ever gets my name right. I wish I had a name that not too many others have, like Annelise or Geneva. Those are my two favorite girl's names.

FORT Fogey
    alright... mrdobolina, I had to point this out.... There is a BobDobolina in the AI forum... you don't happen to know him, do you?

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    I love my first name. It's much prettier than I am
    My daughter, niece, and grandaughter have it as their middle name. I'm not sure I like the story (at least one version of it) that goes with it though. Rumor has it that both my sister and I were named after girlfriends that my biological dad (I never refer to him as my dad) was fooling around with while my mom was pregnant. I guess I should be thankful that he wasn't fooling around with someone named Gretchenbooger, huh?

The other story (which is the one I plan on telling to my grandaughter) is that I was named after a French actress (Corinne Calvet). All said though, I love the name because it's different and sounds feminine.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast