+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first name

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    as for me, i was never really a fan of my name....especially after hearing the story about it.....i was named after a type/brand/whatever of Apples.

Yes. i was named after a bleepin fruit.
    Granny Smith? Gala? Golden?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

My first name is Carolyn. I've always liked it rather well, actually. Classic without being boring. The only thing I hate is the tendency of people to either try to shorten it (Carol) or lengthen it (Caroline ).
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I have always liked my name. I was the only girl in school with it and so far have been the only one in any place I work with it. It is a very common name, but has not been widely used in many many many years.......Ruth

PSi
    hahaha, nah its a normal name.
    they used to have apples back in the 70's - Adam Jonathans.

...and there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    ??? To me, the default font looks smaller than the font that I was using; this one: Arial, size 1. Isn't this font bigger than the default font? It looks like it to me.
    Iit looks bigger if you have the text size on your computer set to largest ...it looks opposite on normal.hahah
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

My name is OK..(Linda) In spanish it means beautiful, and in German it means SNAKE!
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

Your name of Stephanie gives you a very idealistic but passive outlook on life. You appreciate music, drama, and the arts and could excel in these fields. You desire culture and all the comforts of life but you are inclined to daydream and not bring your ideas to fulfilment. Although you would like to do many things, procrastination undermines your accomplishment and success in life because of insecurity. You do not like to create issues and will do anything to avoid conflicts. Making decisions is difficult for you without the support and approval of others. This name gives you a very sensitive nature, making you feel much that you do not understand.

Oh crap! This is actually not far off though I'm not this completely pathetic. Terrific, I'm a wuss ....have a nice day....
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

PSi
    ok, this is even better. Had i been a girl, my parents would have named me April. . . and since i was born in March, it would have created an akward situation as they were dedicated to that name regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    the Govt and official people still use it, so I know by the name they use on the phone whether I should just hang up.
    me too eny!! If they ask for my by my legal name...stumbling drunkenly over my last name (Ukrainian) of course I know it's probably someone I don't want to hear from.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by waypast40
    Iit looks bigger if you have the text size on your computer set to largest ...it looks opposite on normal.hahah
    Ahh, I see. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread