+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first name

I hate my first name! Just because it's stupid and the fact that it was mispelled when I was a baby and therefore, no one pronounces it the right way! UGH! :phhht I just hate it!

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    I had a brother-in-law who had the worst name I have ever heard of. His last name was Grass...his first was Urban. Urban Grass? who would do that to their kid? He didn't use his middle name because it was Valentine. Some parents are just cruel.

(now if any of my long lost stepfamily reads reality tv boards - I just lost any hope of being annonymous)
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    http://www.kabalarians.com/index.cfm..../cfm/Main.cfm

This site is cool...just put in your name and you will get a description of it.
    You don't have to be a member either, try it.
    Ok, I did this for all 4 of us (me, husband and 2 kids) The kids, fit them to a T, they are very different and the descriptions were very different and were matched to each child. My husband's sort of matched and mine....well about 75% matched.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    One of my pet peeves is when parents name their children names that start with the same letter on purpose. "Oh, we have to name our 3rd baby a name that starts with an M too or she'll feel left out." :rolleyes
    My friend's family -- both parents and all 7 ( ) kids start with J. Also one grandmother, 2 aunts and a uncle are J names too... It get very confusing.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    I worked with a guy who's name was Kent Wayne. His first name was named after the hospital he was born and the 2nd was the after the Doctor.
    My middle name is the name of the hospital where I was born too - Dee.

I should have pulled that on my kids: Jessica St. Benedict and Lori at the corner of 42nd and Harrison.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    Here are some strange/lucky/strange names.

as for me, i was never really a fan of my name....especially after hearing the story about it.....i was named after a type/brand/whatever of Apples.

Yes. i was named after a bleepin fruit.
    Delicious?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    My friend's family -- both parents and all 7 ( ) kids start with J. Also one grandmother, 2 aunts and a uncle are J names too... It get very confusing.
    Personally I've always felt it was a sign of mental illness to name everyone with the same letters. My husband's mother's family is all "J" (and yes they are all nuts), his Aunt named all 5 of her daughters "J" names and one of them continued with the tradition. I just call them the "J" people, I can't keep it right.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I named my kids alphabetically . Of course I didn't get too far down the alphabet and hubby didn't co-operate and named the other twin with the same first letter.
    The all with the same letter thing is freaky.

I hate my first name - it was a made up one. I use my second , but the Govt and official people still use it, so I know by the name they use on the phone whether I should just hang up.

Psi, are you named MacIntosh??
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Personally I've always felt it was a sign of mental illness to name everyone with the same letters. My husband's mother's family is all "J" (and yes they are all nuts), his Aunt named all 5 of her daughters "J" names and one of them continued with the tradition. I just call them the "J" people, I can't keep it right.
    I'm actually glad to hear these "J" stories...my husband's family are all "J"s as well (mom, dad, brother, sister). I got sucked into giving my oldest daughter a J name, but I absolutely refused with my youngest. (I'm not a J myself.)

It's nice to know my mother-in-law is not the only one with this sickness
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread