+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first name

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    If we had another girl my name choice was Celeste.. hubby wouldn't go for it
    My sister named her youngest daughter Celeste. Very pretty.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    My sister named her youngest daughter Celeste. Very pretty.
    I like the name Celeste too. It seems very regal and classy. I love that many of the old-fashioned, traditional names are coming back. I dont care much for the "Soap Opera" names so many kids have today.

How many times have you been at the mall and heard - "Cody, come here...Cassidey, didnt I tell you not to do that...Dakota, just like I told your brother Tyler, if you dont stop that then I am not taking you and Tiffany to the Dairy Queen and your friends Phoenix and Montanna wont be able to sleep over this weekend. Blech!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    The first name of Dawn leads you to assume considerable responsibility and to prefer to work independently, without direction or interference from others because you have very definite ideas of your own. Your mind is quick to comprehend and you can be depended upon to do any job well. Because you tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, you might insist on doing too many things yourself instead of delegating jobs to others who might do less satisfactory work. This name does make you quite direct and straight-to-the-point.

Fits me perfectly
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    .......I ALWAYS get the same remark when people hear my name. It's Sheena (yes...queen of the jungle).
    People think I've never heard "Beam me up Scotty". Oh yeah, you're so original.

I like my first name, Melanie. Its pretty uncommon, In my entire life I have only met one other Melanie. I named my 3 yr old daughter Jenna, and then all of a sudden it because popular, I thought of it after the first Survivor, when they had a Jenna as a contestant.

I'd like to have money for the number of times someone has taken it upon themselves to recite one of the Nursery Rhymes. Either the lamb one, or the Mary, Mary quite contrary. That is so dumb. Of course they usually have some off the wall name that you couldn't quote anything about, even if you wanted to.

The first name of Dagny leads you to assume considerable responsibility and to prefer to work independently, without direction or interference from others because you have very definite ideas of your own. Your mind is quick to comprehend and you can be depended upon to do any job well. Because you tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, you might insist on doing too many things yourself instead of delegating jobs to others who might do less satisfactory work. This name does make you quite direct and straight-to-the-point.

Hey, the name fits me...cool, mom would be proud.

Thanks, JD...I like your name, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

PSi
    Here are some strange/lucky/strange names.

I worked with a guy who's name was Kent Wayne. His first name was named after the hospital he was born and the 2nd was the after the Doctor.

There was also a girl i went to school with- her name was Corneila Quinn....however her parents called her 'sally.' I forget what the names meant, but she told me that it was her parents intention to give her those names but call her Sally instead.

as for me, i was never really a fan of my name....especially after hearing the story about it.....i was named after a type/brand/whatever of Apples.

Yes. i was named after a bleepin fruit.

I was named after my two grandmother's nicknames (first and middle). My first name (Violet) was after my grandma Valentine (pronounced Valenteen). Her dad gave her the nickname Violet. I guess I like it okay. I haven't met many people with that name.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    How many times have you been at the mall and heard - "Cody, come here...Cassidey, didnt I tell you not to do that...Dakota, just like I told your brother Tyler, if you dont stop that then I am not taking you and Tiffany to the Dairy Queen and your friends Phoenix and Montanna wont be able to sleep over this weekend. Blech!
    One of my pet peeves is when parents name their children names that start with the same letter on purpose. "Oh, we have to name our 3rd baby a name that starts with an M too or she'll feel left out." :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread