+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first name

ya know... we LOVE the names we have bestowed upon our children..
    I wonder if they will be moaning about their names in the future

I named my daughter Meredith .. I just love that name. it's simple, strong and not all that popular. I will be really upset if she hates her name.

If we had another girl my name choice was Celeste.. hubby wouldn't go for it
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

http://www.kabalarians.com/index.cfm..../cfm/Main.cfm

This site is cool...just put in your name and you will get a description of it.
    You don't have to be a member either, try it.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    http://www.kabalarians.com/index.cfm..../cfm/Main.cfm

This site is cool...just put in your name and you will get a description of it.
    You don't have to be a member either, try it.
    Cool site Zaaam...and this description fits me to a tee.

The name of Amanda has given you an appreciation for many beautiful and refined aspects of life--music and art, literature, drama--(gucci & prada ) and the outdoors, where you find much peace and relaxation, but it creates a far too sensitive nature. You sense and feel much that you do not understand, (DENSA ) and sometimes you are alarmed at your thoughts and wonder about their origin. You rarely experience the tranquility that comes with stability of thinking or emotional control. (umm whatever that means! )
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Brief summary of your name: Karry

Your name Karry has given you tenacity of purpose and has made you extremely independent. Whatever you undertake, you approach from your own point of view, and others either have to conform to your ideas or go their own way and leave you to work things out for yourself. You are so narrowly focused in your pursuits that you frequently overlook the little personal considerations and attentions that create a bond of understanding and sense of companionship. Thus it is difficult for you to merge your efforts harmoniously with others.

unfortunately true.

Brief summary of your name: Lynn

Your first name of Lynn has made you a sociable person who appreciates the beauties of nature and the refinements of life, and is moved by music and the arts. You are very idealistic and romantic within yourself and may have tried to express your beautiful thoughts through poetry or writing. Crudeness and vulgarity are very repulsive to you and you are very particular about little things. You suffer greatly with lack of confidence and self-consciousness. You crave affection and understanding, yet because you can be so easily and deeply hurt, you have learned to keep your true nature hidden; therefore people do not really know you. You always wonder if you are doing the right thing, desiring to express yourself but afraid to.

Also true ..... these are so general they'd probably fit my goldfish

I do believe there is a thread in the fun and games forum specifically from this site.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 04-19-2004 at 04:03 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Hmmmm . . . after what you typed, Duxxy, maybe my first name is Lynn and I just never knew it!!!!

But I agree, the descriptions are VERY general.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

The name of ***** brings opportunities for success in business and financial accumulation. It fires you with ambition and promotional ideas, ideas that are original, progressive, and large-scale. With this name, success to you is a foregone conclusion, for you cannot conceive any reason for not reaching all your goals, as you have self-sufficiency, supreme confidence, boundless energy, and enthusiasm. As long as you have a sense of freedom from monotony and drudgery, and can see progress being made, you feel buoyant and optimistic.

Um...no. Except maybe for the last line.

See, I knew my name didn't suit me
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Brief summary of your name: Jason

The name of Jason has given you sensitivity and appreciation for the finer and deeper things in life. You can enjoy reading, study, and contemplation about many different subjects. When your interests or curiosity are aroused, you work intensely at new undertakings, but your interests often wane when you encounter drudgery and monotony, with the result that you leave many things unfinished. Your name has taken you into many bitter experiences. The greatest lack in your life is stability and peace of mind. A peaceful and quiet environment, especially out in nature, is one of your greatest desires, but you are constantly taken into chaotic conditions. Because you have high ideals and are a principled person, you have been disillusioned and disappointed in people on many occasions and have experienced much aloneness.

Ehh, Very general. I typed in the name Daisy (my neighbors dog's name) and the descpription matched me better than my own name.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    ya know... we LOVE the names we have bestowed upon our children..
    I wonder if they will be moaning about their names in the future

I named my daughter Meredith .. I just love that name. it's simple, strong and not all that popular. I will be really upset if she hates her name.

If we had another girl my name choice was Celeste.. hubby wouldn't go for it
    All three of my kids "changed" their name that they were givin. Robin is now Robyn. Brian, not to be overdone by little sis, is Bryan. Angela only allows a few people to call her by her complete first name...so most people end up calling her Ang. I have no problem with them changing the name or spelling of it. My ex-husband goes beserk though. He refuses to even answer email if the kid doesn't spell their name right. Even though she never changed it legally, Robyn changed hers so early in life that everything (drivers license, social security card, credit card, bank account, taxes) have a different spelling as her birth certificate.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Ehh, Very general. I typed in the name Daisy (my neighbors dog's name) and the descpription matched me better than my own name.

*goes back to link and types in the cat's name*
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

OMG...that was a joke...I actually did it and it's true, my cat's name suits me far better than my own

+ Reply to Thread