+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first name

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I know my parents meant well. But, my name is not pronounced the way it's spelled. Spelled Jayne, pronounced Janey. I have to spell my name for everyone, all the time. And correct pronounciation, I'm not a "Jane". I made it a point to name my girls very plain, easy-to-spell names.

Oh - I really like Dagny too.

I never liked my first name and still don't, but the short form is even worse, so no one's allowed to use it! But, I grew up being called by my first name and got used to it.
    I do wish my parents had called me by my middle name...I would have liked being "Diana" much better, I think.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My first name is weird :rolleyes and I hate my English name

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hmmmm....would i have preferred the first name of Buckminster? maybe!!!!. Fuller was his last name.

I'm not crazy about my name Nancy. I also hate the sort versions Nan or Nance. My older sister used to tease me that they named me after her (She's Ann, Nancy, I guess comes from the name Ann) My parents actually named me after my father's oldest sister. I like my middle name Lynne. I think I would have preferred to have been named that.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    When I was younger all I wanted in the world was a name that you could get on all those personalized things
    Can I commiserate for a second? I am with you, it was so awful in elementary school when everyone had these special pencil cases with their names on them. They were really "in", and I wanted one so badly, but of course my name was never preprinted/embroidered anywhere.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I used to hate my name as a kid cuz it was rare and like a few others, I never found anything personalized with my name on it.

Now, I wouldn't change my name if you paid me, I like it alot although I ALWAYS get the same remark when people hear my name. It's Sheena (yes...queen of the jungle).

I love my name. It is very unique, at least around here. I've only met one other Harmony, and she was a twin. Her sister's name was Heaven.

FORT Fogey
    My first name is David. And I love it just fine. Traditional, yet not boring. People call me Dave, David and Daveyk...and of course Daddio.

When I was a kid I hated my first name . . . it was just so "blah" - at least to me. My name is Becky. Not Rebecca, just Becky. For a while in school I made everyone call me Rebecca, just because I thought it sounded so much more romantic and "special" than just plain Becky. I mean, even Becca sounds cute. But my parents didn't like Rebecca, so it's just Becky on the birth certificate.

To make matters worse, I had EXTREMELY buck teeth when I was younger . . . so of course, the nickname "Bucky" (started by my ever-so-sweet sister, of course) stuck for quite a while!

Now that I'm grown with kids of my own, I don't mind the name so much. Is it plain vanilla? Probably, but lucky for me, vanilla is my favorite flavor!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread