+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first name

FORT Fogey
    I am quite happy with my name, because it is common enough that you can't associate it with one bad person with the same name... There are so many David's in the world, that one bad David doesn't spoil the whole bunch of us

My name is so run of the mill, at least in the Latin culture, even my middle name doesn't help since it's pretty common as well. There were three girls besides me in my high school with the exact first, middle, and last name as me
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I hated my name growning up. In the 80's I wanted to be Tiffani (of course with an "I") or Wendi. No body was named Maya. Then I grew to love it. Its a beautiful name and its very unique.
    My mother was at UC Berkeley 1973...pregnant with me...studying the Indians of Central America. I was either going to be Inca, Azteca or Maya! Thank goodness she picked Maya ! lol To this day she says If she named me Azteca, Azzy would be a great nickname! My brothers tell me, be glad she didnt cause THEY would have called me ASSY!!!! lol
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

on vacation
    I like my first name ok, it's Elizabeth. It's kind of one of those names that has stood the test of time and people are still naming babies it. I'm not sure if it fits me or not as I have nothing to compare it to.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Dagny is an AWESOME name! Isn't that the name of one of the main characters in "Atlas Shrugged"??

I am sure that the kids were relentless though. It probably made you a stronger person, though. Unique names will do that!

Bob
    It is, in fact I was named after Dagny Taggart. My mother's favorite book is Atlas Shrugged.

Kids were cruel, but I got used to Dogny. They were cruel and had no imagination.

Like I said, I love the name now. It is nice to know that I can go somewhere and chances are no one else will have the same name.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I would never change my name.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    It is, in fact I was named after Dagny Taggart. My mother's favorite book is Atlas Shrugged.

Kids were cruel, but I got used to Dogny. They were cruel and had no imagination.

Like I said, I love the name now. It is nice to know that I can go somewhere and chances are no one else will have the same name.
    I concur, Dagny IS an awesome name. It's unique, without being cutesy. Your mom is way cool
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't mind my first name (Ashley), I guess I kind of like it. It's my middle name I don't like.

I like my first name just fine. I think David suits me, doesn't it?

Marley, your posts are all but unreadable in that small font. Any chance you can normal it up for us old farts?

I go by my middle name. That's the way my mother chose it to be when I was born. I don't like my first name even though I was named for my grandfather on my mother's side. I never met him as he died before I was born so I really have no emotional attachment to it. The name I go by (Scott) was the name of the doctor who delivered me, the last of 6 kids, so my mother decided to honor him.

+ Reply to Thread