+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first name

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I'm actually glad to hear these "J" stories...my husband's family are all "J"s as well (mom, dad, brother, sister). I got sucked into giving my oldest daughter a J name, but I absolutely refused with my youngest. (I'm not a J myself.)

It's nice to know my mother-in-law is not the only one with this sickness
    "J" seems to be a common letter to go all out when naming family. My sister did that...it was Judy, Jimmy and their kid Jodi. Unfortunately, the tradition stuck and her grandkids (all boys) are Jeremy, Jacob, Jarod, Jerome....I can't even think of all the "J" names in that family. I never get any of the names right when I talk to my Sis. "How's Jarrod doing in school, Sis?"..."Uh, Jarrod was just born last month so not too good" Ooops. I get so confused in my old age.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    "J" seems to be a common letter to go all out when naming family. My sister did that...it was Judy, Jimmy and their kid Jodi. Unfortunately, the tradition stuck and her grandkids (all boys) are Jeremy, Jacob, Jarod, Jerome
    There's always a Jacob. I am so sick of that name!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    so I know by the name they use on the phone whether I should just hang up.
    I so love listening to them butcher a completely simple name like Carie on the phone....for some reason they are constantly asking for Carl or Carly (guess they can't see that's an i and think it's an l instead). I get very few of those calls, but as soon as I hear the Carl/Carly I know it's time to hang up and move on.

Since I go by my middle name, whenever someone asks for Henry he's never home.

on vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I think that is my favorite of all girls names. I planned to name my last child Elizabeth. Turned out I changed my mind. A ten pound baby boy just didn't look very Elizabeth-y to me.
    My name is Mary. Pretty unique, huh?
    , well you coulda but somehow I doubt your son would've appreciated it.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    My middle name is the name of the hospital where I was born too - Dee.

I should have pulled that on my kids: Jessica St. Benedict and Lori at the corner of 42nd and Harrison.
    I will never look at that Smith's the same again.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have a "J" name. It's unusual - my uncle was in Finland when I was born, and for some reason my parents let him name me. I've actually never met anyone who spells their name the way I do... People are always mispronouncing it, and I didn't like it so much when I was a kid, but I like it now.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood

It didn't really happen that way, Dag, my kids would have had the same name. But we almost stopped, talked about stopping at Smiths. I was just being silly.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Did you grow up in Ogden? Or spend much time there? That's funny.

I typed my cat's name in (Minette) in the http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/analyze.cfm site and it describes her perfectly!

Your first name of Minette has given you a quick, analytical mind. You are creative, versatile, and imaginative. However, independence, positivity and the urge for action and progress are such strong forces in your nature that you find it difficult to control them. You feel happy as long as headway is being made, but as soon as you are obstructed or your individuality and freedom of action are restricted, you experience an intense nervous reaction. Moods of depression can result during which you become sarcastic and stubborn in your attitude toward everyone, especially to those in closest association with you.
    That's my cat right there.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread