+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Friendship Advice

Good for you, Miss F! Way to go! Please look into counselling as I think this can only help you further along in your healing process. God be with you!

miss f...
    i want to beat the bujeebus outta her for not believing you. bah! anyway, i'm glad you found your answer. find the joy...

I'm way late to this thread. I seldom come thourgh the General forum. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about what happned to you, Miss F! (and to you too, Ducky).

I'm glad that you told your "so-called" friend to take a hike! Like Kylie said, I think your friend's needs for male affection are stronger than being a real friend to you. Who needs her!!! There are a lot of nice people out there that really know the true meaning of friendship.

**Hugs and Take Care.**

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Miss F and Duckgirl, I am so sorry that you both went through such horrifying experiences. I think you are both wonderful, lovely women, and my heart goes out to both of you.

As for your friend, Miss F, I think she actually does believe you. If she only thought that you slept with her bf and he slept with you, then she would have dumped him and you back when it happened. Instead, the insecurity that Kylie points out kicked in; she didn't want to lose you as a friend, but she didn't want to lose this man, either. And if she admitted to herself that she believes you, then she has to admit to herself that she's dating a rapist. You mentioned that she avoids conflict, and I think that's exactly what she's done here.

I'm sorry that you had to go through this whole situation, but I think that you handled it marvelously.

And to those of you who replied to Miss F's plea, my hat is off to all of you. The people of the FORT never cease to amaze me; we have a wonderful community of very articulate, intelligent, compassionate people here. I'm proud to know all of you - even if it's only through this forum. I hope I get the opportunity to meet some of you face to face some day.

Originally posted by Miss Filangi

My 'friend' emailed me last night and told me that it was unfortunate, but her 'instincts' told her that I was lying and she needed to follow them. She hoped that we'd agree to disagree and that we'd get over it. Oh, and she's going to his Christmas party.
    When God closes a door -----

Thanks again.
    Yikes....talk about a woman with issues. So based on what she believes, she was willing to redate a guy who cheated on her and remain best friends with someone she felt lied to her and cheated with her boyfriend. I think you are much better off walking away.

KG made an excellent point, to some women the man's attention is everything, sad but true (and I was so impressed with how she worded it too, wish I sounded half as smart) I hope you make many new more positive friends to replace her with, and this ex friend just becomes a memory of what you don't need from friends in your life.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234