+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friendship Advice

JR.
    Sorry to hear that Miss F. I have to agree with everyone else here, she's not acting like a friend.

Guys have a saying - "bros before hos", I'm sure women have something similar.

FORT Fogey
    bro's before hos',,, lol
    I guess girls would be,, chicks before dicks..lol

Princess
    Miss F..... I am so sorry to hear this, and you are so brave coming forward to tell us. I must say that I agree with all above. I have experienced something similar, and I know how hard it can be to let go of someone who you've regarded as a close friend, but I think you have to do that to protect yourself. Remember, a true friend would stick to your side, not to some loser who even rejected her before. I agree completely with firegirl on this one, I would not waste anymore energy and love on this person. You need to take care of yourself girl. Big {{{{HUG}}}}

Ducky... your story makes me so angry. I can't even begin to say what I like to do with that man, but it would be swift and bloody - to hell with that bastard!!

You ladies are truly beautiful. Much love to you. I don't have any great advice but you'll be in my prayers tonight. God bless.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a really beautiful message Jodaar.

Miss F, I'm so sorry to hear such a dreadful thing happened to you.
    I don't think you're being unreasonable at all, I would have severed all ties with her after she refused to believe the original incident had happened.

There is some great advice in this thread for you Miss F.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and support.

I'm feeling a bit better, if not blue. It's always disappointing to realize that someone you thought you knew isn't like that at all. I think it's best for me in the long run to surround myself with positive people.

Thanks again. You all have more than made up for her letting me down.

Love you all and thank you.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Miss F Thats awful a{{{hug}}} from me too . ( you too Ducky )
    Sorry, I would have dropped the so called friend the first time.Anyone who would treat you like that is not a friend. Jr's submission translates to Friends first.
    We used to have a saying amongst my friends - Boyfriends and husbands come and go, but we are always here for each other.

Miss F.,
    I am sorry that happened to you and that your "friend" is not more of a friend. If you at all want to continue to be her friend, this is what I would do. I would find a time where you two can be alone and undistracted. Tell her how hurt you were when she did not believe you about the initial event and how she hurt you further by dumping you for this WAD that dumped her previously. Explain that she needs to acknowledge your feelings and stick by you if the friendship is to continue. If she is unwilling to do that, then she is not your friend. I know you have many years, experiences and feelings invested in this person, but you must look out for yourself first. You are obviously a strong woman to have continued the friendship in the past. Be strong for yourself now. Be your own best friend here and do what is right for YOU. If she is not willing to work on your friendship in a healthy way then she does not value you and she does not deserve you. It seems to me that you have been more than generous where she is concerned.
    This is just my take on it. I am no expert. I wish you the best with this.

I'm really late arriving to this post, but I'm no less sad upon reading it than any who posted before me. You are such a strong woman for sharing this with us, Miss F, and I agree with everyone else about the unfriendly behavior of your "friend". Best of luck coming to a resolution on this matter. I think you need to be looking out for #1 on this one. Do what makes you feel the best, and I'm not sure what your answer to that will be. But I can imagine what I'd want to do with that "friend," and it doesn't include spending lots of time with her in the future.

To you and to Ducky, you have my deepest sympathy for enduring such horrible crimes at the hands of raving worthless idiots.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie, Very well said.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast