+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earliest Memory

firegirl

Earliest Memory

What is the earliest memory you have? How old were you or do you think you were?

I was about 2 almost 3 ( my mom said because of where we lived) and there was a little ditch thing in front of our house by the road and it had a place you could drive over it and my dad was holding me over it showing me the tadpoles, he had just come home from fishing and I was wearing his hat.

I also remember from that time sitting on the meter for the electricity in the yard and playing like it was a car.

the first memory i have... i had to be 3 or 4. i found a piece of caramel in the dirt outside our house and i picked it up and ate it. i really loved caramel.

When I was about 2 1/2 my brother hit me over the head with a BIG rock. I remember him holding the rock over my head, hitting me with it and blood running down my face. I also remember not really being scared or upset until my mom came out of the house screaming. Then I lost it.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I must have been around 3 & I loved to sit in mud puddles. I also remember walking down to the creek & throwing rocks. And I vaguely remember throwing apples at our pigs . Ahh, the good old days.

I was 2'ish, and split a gash open under my lower lip on the corner of a coffee table. I still have the scar.

Funny, I remember every scar I've ever gotten, but not much else.

MenInUniform
    I was 2 or 3. My dzia dzia (grandfather) lived with us until he died when I was almost 4. I remember him sitting in his chair at the kitchen table and I remember him sitting on his bed choking on water.

dar

KylieGrant
    Mine was when I was born in a taxi on a busy NYC street, delivered by one of those suave business men carrying a breifcase and cellphone, and I looked up and saw the Empire State Building. [/NYC stereotyping post]

Seriously, I was about three, at my grandparent's home in the country (way down in NC. ) I was sitting in the driveway, and I specifically remember picking up a little tiny piece of gravel and putting it in my mouth. I didn't even mean to swallow it, it just happened. Then I got up and ran to my mom in tears, telling her that I ate a rock.

I remember shaving my thumb. I must have been 3 or less. I stepped up on something in the bathroom & managed to get hold of my dad's razor & i cut my thumb. When my mom saw what i had done she totally freaked out because of the blood & I remember that there was no Dettol in the house & she had to call a neighbour to bring over some Dettol to put on my cut thumb.

Princess
    Mine was when I was born in a taxi on a busy NYC street, delivered by one of those suave business men carrying a breifcase and cellphone, and I looked up and saw the Empire State Building.
    Kylie! That's hilarious!

Jodaar, throwing apples at pigs?!

"i really loved caramel"... Sher

(I have to think about my earliest mem. for a bit....)

KylieGrant
    Kylie! That's hilarious!
    Mod, somehow I knew you'd appreciate that sentiment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast