+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Parties?

Christmas Parties?

Well, I went to my first Xmas party of the season last night. It was a family thing, but it was a lot of fun.

There were about 30 of us, for dinner and presents and some drinks and games. Not too bad.

We bought my step-brother (who's 18 months old) a Chicken Dance Elmo, and he loved it. He figured out right away where the button was, and was pressing it all night. He'd give Elmo little kisses on his face while he was dancing. It was so cute!

My dad & stepmom got us a few gifts, one of them being the same thing they get us every year - a sizeable gift certificate to the Grand Traverse Resort in Traverse City, Michigan. It's a resort town on the north edge of Michigan's lower peninsula. Wine country, and a couple of top-ranked golf courses. We'll probably go in the summer or fall. It's nice, because we usually get a jacuzzi room in the tower, overlooking the bay. Very nice

I'm so sore after playing with small children for 2 days non-stop. Not having kids myself, I stretched muscles I barely ever use. Today's a lounging around day, watching football and getting up off the couch as little as possible.

So, anyone else been to any Xmas parties yet?

You must really stretch a few days leading up to the parties,John.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Yes, I need to get some large, heavy dolls and toss them around for a couple of hours, right before parties. It's pretty sad, but I'm just not used to being worn out by kids - even though kids tend to love me, I dunno why. I don't much care for them.

I am not a big fan of non-family Christmas parties.
    Haven't been to any yet this year, and may come up with an excuse not to go to the one I know we'll be invited to. It's hard because they always want us to bring the kids, but mine are older than ALL the little rug rats there and don't really want to go.
    Of course I don't either... what a loser I am.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, you are not a loser. You just have no desire to hang around with everyone dressed in red and green and gold. Since you children are older than the rest I am sure it is hard to tolerate everyone elses ankle biters. I applaude you for doing what will make your season bright. Even the people who invite you would not want you to suffer at their party. They want everyone to enjoy the holidays.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Originally posted by John
    - even though kids tend to love me, I dunno why. I don't much care for them.
    LMAO John....on your next life, I will reincarnate you as a kindergarten teacher . Don't worry, I don't care for my hubby sometimes either (tee hee).
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

Being that I am not working this year, I lucked out on missing the annual office Christmas party. My boss usually takes me and the other secretaries out to a luncheon at a fancy restaurant. Last year, I was sitting across the table from him, putting on best of prim and proper, I went to squeeze a lemon wedge on my fish and it slipped out of my hand and landed in his plate. The year before that, I spilled my drink in my dinner plate and pretended it never happened, ate my dinner, soda and all. While waiting for desert, my boss leaned over and said in my ear, "don't think I didn't see that!" We bust out laughing. So, needless to say, I am sure glad that I missed this years Christmas party!

Originally posted by John
    - even though kids tend to love me, I dunno why. I don't much care for them.
    Kids are like Cats that way, they tend to want to tumble on the people who don't really want them too. It's like they can sense fear or something.

No parties for us yet, Christmas eve and day are the family things. My work just has a potluck and the big Christmas party we normally go to got cancelled this year. It's going to be a laid back Christmas.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Dylan and I have been Happy Coupling like mad since the start of December, at least. Grr. I hate it, because everyone is so much older than us and all I really want to do is sit around and watch hockey games. At least Dylan's boss is a hockey fan. He likes the Canadiens and said he's turn gay for Joe Sakic.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I avoid office parties like the plague. I much prefer family get togethers.This time of year my closest friend ( the other scouser for Fluff) and I go out for our birthdays . Hers is the 17th mine the 19th. We always have fun, going to the clubs and getting our senior discount

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast