+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THe Roof, The Roof, The Roof is on fire

FORT Fogey

THe Roof, The Roof, The Roof is on fire

If your house was burning down and you could only save what you could carry in one trip what would it be?
    Besides your family

ok, I'm assuming that my kids and pets get out on their own, correct?
    I don't know why I'm asking because I really don't know wht I'd grab. I guess it fdepends which room I was in
    I'd definitely try to get the photo box and drawer.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The pets...if I scoop up the rodents in a pillowcase, tuck the fish tank under my arm, hold the cat in the other arm and herd the dog in front of me, I may just be able to do it.
    Now if the pets are consider family....then I would take whatever photo albums I could carry and my purse.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Let's assume pets and kids are all okay...Since everyone is gonna say pets.

My TV?

I would probably grab some clothes, my wallet, and if I had room left over, the main CPU of my computer (screw the monitor, that's too heavy!)

I could handle losing pretty much everything else.

Hmm, I'd have to say my laptop, my purse, and as many pictures/photo albums as I could.

I do not care about anything in this world but my family(I have a broad sense of family). It is all just material and replaceable. I would be relieved that I did not have to clean this place one more time. I could walk away from every bit of the stuff in this house and the house. I would try to throw on some clothes though(if in the middle of the night).
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Since all my photo negatives are in a firesafe & my family is out of the house, I'd only be worried about my cpu. I have all my financial records on Microsoft Money & I doubt I could remember to pay my bills without it.

Jodaar, it wouldn't be a total loss, if you claimed that your bills "burned up in the fire, honest!"

John, they do not excuse you of your bills(or we would see alot more fires). They just send out new copies of the bill.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

but maybe the would excuse them being late? I have no idea.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast