+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why spoil?

Why spoil?

Can someone explain to me why they like to read spoilers about what will happen in the future of the show? I don't mean people on the east coast talking about things before people on the west coast see them, but who the final four or two will be based on inside information or secret pics.

I'm sure the question has been asked 1000 times on these boards, I just don't have much experience. Not trying to judge--just curious about why people want to know well in advance what they will eventually see played out on the show.

Did you EVER peek at your Christmas/birthday presents early??? I know I did. I personally just like to know things. Sometimes I read spoilers because I don't want to stay up and watch the show that night. As far as screencaps, etc., I like the analysis behind it all. Even with the spoilers, the show is still usually good - seeing the expressions and hearing the comments can't be experience from any spoiler!

Some of us are just nosy or impatient...what can we say??

Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    As far as screencaps, etc., I like the analysis behind it all.
    I have to admit, I appreciate the detective-work that goes into the analysis. But it's a tradeoff, as I'd rather not know what the outcome will be (so I appreciate efforts to confine the spoilers to certain threads).

Poll (answer both questions):
    Do you prefer to read what will happen in the future of the show?
    Do you like to read the ending of a novel before you read the whole thing?

FORT Newbie
    We love spoilers because were spoiled!! We want to know, now, now, now! Also, we have a lot of fun playing detective - we have been tricked so many times, we our overwhelmed by our need/desire not to be fooled again!

Quote Originally Posted by rdpch
    I have to admit, I appreciate the detective-work that goes into the analysis. But it's a tradeoff, as I'd rather not know what the outcome will be (so I appreciate efforts to confine the spoilers to certain threads).

Yes
    Sometimes

I prefer to read what will happen in the future of the show but I never read the end of a novel first. I usually read non-stop till I get to the end of a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach4380
    I prefer to read what will happen in the future of the show but I never read the end of a novel first. I usually read non-stop till I get to the end of a book.
    too

I'm sick of butt cracks.. TeelaGirl's Avatar
    Everything I read on here I take as speculation by all of the ~amazing~ detectives working the beat and not as facts listed by an ABC spokesperson. Sometimes the detectives are wrong, although rarely... and it's fun to watch the show anticipating certain events that I learned about here first. I'm more attentive to certain contenstants so... hellyow, bring on the spoiler threads.

Poll answers:
    I prefer to read the *speculation* about the future of the show

I ALWAYS read the end of the book before I finish it.

I don't like to read spoilers because it takes the fun out of being surprised. However, I did look at the pictures of the girls before the season started, but that's not really a big spoiler.

And someone brought up peeking at presents - I never did that! In fact, my family always opens gifts on Christmas Eve and I used to beg, and still do, to do it on Christmas morning instead. I am sure I was the only child who didn't want to open gifts early.

As far as books go, I read them normally- straight through. Same with magazines. I don't flip to a specific article. That's weird isn't it?

I just like things to last!

I like to wait! Why peek and ruin the surprise?

FORT Newbie

Do you prefer to read what will happen in the future of the show? sometimes
    Do you like to read the ending of a novel before you read the whole thing? quite often

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast