+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What is the worst aspect of your job?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

What is the worst aspect of your job?

And this includes all the stay at home moms (since y'all have the equivalent of 2 FULL time jobs) or stay at home dads.

I've worked in pharmacies for at least 10 + years. One part is constantly being lied to, and peeps thinking we are dumb/naive. And the stories people will tell when they need their drugs. Narcotics are given out at intervals. X amount of pills every X amount of days, and it amazes me how many peeps were due to leave town, or their plane was leaving early in the a.m. etc etc and how many actually delayed trips, or were in the store at opening (and must have missed those planes) so they could get their narcs. Some of these peeps got so much more drug than days. It was pathetic. Yeah it might happen one time, but every month you are going away?

But the worst is seeing how much narcotics these people actually ingest. I'm sure some is sold, but still. These drugs do a lot of damage. Yes there is use for pain meds, but unfortunately the human body develops tolerance rather quickly and it is easy for one to become addicted. It amazed me that some of these folks could actually walk, talk and function, with the amounts they take. Not to mention how many actually have to look after their kids as well.

So what is the worst part of your job?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

The worst part of my job also happens to be the best part of my job: travelling. While I have enjoyed travelling all over the world, I also have missed some pretty big events in my personal life. Nuff said.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Rude customers plain and simple. Either impatient when there's a line and the believe they deserve immediate service, grumpy because they waited until the last minute and just what they want isn't available that second for them, or just flat out treating myself or my employees nasty because they consider us to have a lesser job or education than they do because we work in the grocery store. We actually had a mother tell her daughter the other day that she needed to stay in school or else she'd end up "working in a grocery store like THEM"...hello, most of us are educated and there is nothing wrong with earning an honest living doing customer service.

I'll also add my pet peeve here cause it goes along with my rude customers....customers who can't put down their cell phone for a couple of minutes so that they can pay attention to the person that's TRYING to serve them. Yes, I have a cell phone and do use it in public when needed, but when it's my turn to be served or check out or whatever I put my call on hold so I can pay full attention to the person who's trying to take care of me...I know how difficult it is to attmept to talk to a person who's paying you no mind when all you're trying to do is help get them what they wanted.

The worse part of me job is that I know they are all about to die.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by echo1960
    The worse part of me job is that I know they are all about to die.

Echo? You work at the post office?

omg echo's an assassin!!

The worst part of my job is suspecting neglect/abuse of the children in my care

A bad part is knowing how hard some parents work and how hard it is for them to make ends meet.

A total piss-off is when parents use my affection for their children as leverage for a) free child care b) extended hours c) dropping the kids off when they aren't working and the province is paying their way.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The worst part of my job is politics. In my office environment (a floor of an administrative area of a hospital) there is a distinct pecking order (just as everywhere else)... and those who are lower on the totem pole are considered less intelligent, educated, and able. Highly frustrating. The best part of my job, conversely, are the few people that I work with that are absolute gems, kind, respectful, intelligent, courteous, professional, compassionate and friendly - and able to put up with my crap from time to time (and vice versa!).

Worse part of my job is the paperwork. To open a case, I do 4 forms totaling 29 pieces of paper. On many of these forms they ask the same questions but the forms go to different places. My agency has not figured out a way to put these on the computer so that I type the repeating information one time and I don't have to keep typing. (I know it can be done, my husband knows it can be done and offered to show them how to do it or do it for me, but we have been turned down and when I brought it up in a meeting I was told to quit looking for magical short cuts. )

The other worse thing about my job is....well I have to sometimes go into places that smell really bad. Very bad. I haven't had to do it much on this side of the state but when I lived on the west side, I was part of a multi agency team that would go in to suspected neglect or incompent adults cases to investigate. So you could be in a little tiny home that had piles of garabage in the bath tub, a overflowing toilet, cockroaches in the refridator, moldy food piled on the counter, piles of paper, magizines, old clothes with mice running through them....with a tiny old lady sitting in the middle of it all telling you she is fine. It was the worst when I was in my first trimester in July and August....I threw up in more gutters or parking lots then I could count.

But......I have to honestly say the paper work is far worse. At least when I was out in the awful little homes talking to confused old folks...I felt I was being useful. Doing the paper work I feel like an over educated drudge who is typing a date of birth, ssn and address over and over and over. :rolleyes
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    The worst part of my job is having a three year old sitting on my lap everytime I want to go to the bathroom just because he can't bear to leave my side. Oh, I'm a stay-at-home mom.
    I support the right to arm bears.

the pay, definitely the worst aspect of my job. Mine is so "freelance" you don't know when your next pay is. Especially where I'm at, harder to get paying gigs (yes i'm a musician). Oh well, at least i get to do something i love.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast