+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What is the worst aspect of your job?

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Billable Hours! i hate that every minute has to be accounted for!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Some of them just can't comprehend the fact that I expect them to come to work everyday and do their job. How many times have I heard "You're lucky I came to work today." You know what pal? You're lucky I let you come to work you idiot.
    I know exactly what you mean Unklescott. My husband and I owned a restaurant for 10 years and I had a sign posted in my kitchen that said, "Notice to Employees... Some of you feel you are not being paid what you are worth......... BE GRATEFUL!"
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    I had a sign posted in my kitchen that said, "Notice to Employees... Some of you feel you are not being paid what you are worth......... BE GRATEFUL!"
    *Prints copy to take to work*

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    *Threadjack*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit's sig line
    I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.
    I've been meaning to tell you that I love your sig-line! Really funny!
    *End Threadjack*

If I had my choice, I'd work with animals. A habitat, zoo or something of the like. Seriously, humans are just plain rude/mean when you have to work a customer service job. Working with animals..yeah, that's it...that's the ticket.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    *Threadjack*

If I had my choice, I'd work with animals. A habitat, zoo or something of the like. Seriously, humans are just plain rude/mean when you have to work a customer service job. Working with animals..yeah, that's it...that's the ticket.
    So Maveno, you say you'd like to learn to be a Pressman ? The "white collar" bozos at my company call us that, while we make lots more money in most cases

Really though, I trained horses part for spare money and sometimes fulltime between 'real' jobs for 20 years; I loved it, but I knew I wouldn't want to do it forever, plus you still have to deal with the owners. It's still possible that I might want to go back to buying and retraining problem animals at some point, so they could go to better homes. I'm not too old to work with 'one at a time' instead of a whole barn full.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    So Maveno, you say you'd like to learn to be a Pressman ? The "white collar" bozos at my company call us that, while we make lots more money in most cases

Really though, I trained horses part for spare money and sometimes fulltime between 'real' jobs for 20 years; I loved it, but I knew I wouldn't want to do it forever, plus you still have to deal with the owners. It's still possible that I might want to go back to buying and retraining problem animals at some point, so they could go to better homes. I'm not too old to work with 'one at a time' instead of a whole barn full.
    I would be in heaven if I worked with horses all day!! Actually, any animals.. all day! I guess I am a pressman, queenb!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Oh, a pressman is what I am now...running a printing press! And that's a bunch of human animals Im referring to! I do miss my horsies!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I am a student and a housewife and the worst part is...folding clothes! I have to do it every day and I find it so bothersome! I'll get used to it, I guess....

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    I also hate rude staff who think they deserve higher wages...
    Minibuses:
    They get a basic wage+ a bonus for every return journey made.
    Problems:
    1. People think there needs to be a raise... It was raised 3 months ago and it is 53% higher than the government standard minimum wage. Also... My firm is one of the highest paying transportation firms, why bloody complain?
    2. Drivers claim "they forgot to sign the form". I don't trust many drivers with that one
    3. Drivers do the above but don't drive as much as they should be driving.

I work doing a combination of Lan Administrator with side duties of training and software support of Wide-format reprographics.

The worst parts of my jobs?

Getting calls on weekends and at night when someone cannot find their hotel reservation but they remembered that they had it in their email.... would I be a dear and find it for them.

Morons (affectionately called 'clients') who have to be told every two days how to get their printer working (note: people... its port 2000)

SOB's that complain about the pr0n of their machines, and the slowness, and its because they have been surfing pr0n (not that there is anything wrong with pr0n)

People that don't understand that just because the M's game is on, doesn't mean that everyone in the office can have it on their machines (through internet Radio).... cmon fellas, your co-workers in portland need to be able to get in....

and finally crackers (or as laymen call them: hackers).
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread