+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time Period

Drain my brain.

Time Period

If you could visit any time period, you would choose:

the era of "Romeo and Juliet" , Jesters, horse jousting, and princes...
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by abrslr
    If you could visit any time period, you would choose:
    [/COLOR]
    From a romantic standpoint I'd say the "free love" Haight/Ashbury era of the late 1960's from an American standpoint and the time of Camelot from a world-wide standpoint.

From a historic standpoint I'd say the time of the Civil War for America, and either the reign of Ramses II or during the life of Christ from a world-wide.

I've always wanted to live in the future. You know, space travel, flying cars, virtual reality, nano-technology so my apartment cleans itself, robot help for doing my laundry, those things.

I'd like to visit Central America during the time of the Aztec civilization, it would also be neat to see San Francisco during the Gold Rush. Also Venice Italy during the Renaissance or ancient Rome.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I guess I'd be smoking weed and putting flowers in my hair with Daddio in '60's San Francisco...if for nothing else, for the way cool music and rebelliousness
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I like Queen B's idea of Renaissance Italy.

Strap me in a corset and I'm good to go! Venice or Florence would be wonderful.

Although I also love Elizabethan England...I guess anywhere I can wear a corset and a huge elaborate gown is fine!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I think the time period between the Revolutionary war and the Civil War. I would have made a great southern belle. Love the big hoop skirts and all that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    wow, this one's a toughie. (in a good way) Looking back on the romanticism of the previous centuries is tempting, but I need the conveniences. Like plumbing and electricity.

I was a kid during the 60s - and there were so many changes going on. It was a tough time - for young and old. Of course there were the parties, the flower children and the rebels. But there was so much unrest (both civil and racial), which was more common than the peace movement.

Of course there are many more eras, but no one is here for a history lesson.

I'll stay here, keeping the status quo.

I belong in the 50's
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The early 1930's--- at the speakeasies, as a former flapper-girl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast