+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time Period

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I like Queen B's idea of Renaissance Italy.
    me 3 - Take me to the Renaissance AOL!
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    throw me in the with 60's hippies... (wife concurs) we are so shallow... but we'd be having a great time!!

having seen the great pyramids in egypt- i wouldnt mind spending a day watching the construction of the sphynx, and the pyramids...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    me 3 - Take me to the Renaissance AOL!
    Sounds great-- but too much work to get ready. Plus showering there is a non-issue....LOL. J/K

The romance of the Civil War has always appealed to me. Although, since I'm a guy, I'd be stuck in the middle of a battlefield suffering from gange green because there's no antiseptic to treat my papercut.

Oh heck, put me in the renaissance era as well.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I'll take the 1920's -- finding ways around Prohibition, being a flapper, dancing to jazz in speakeasies till morning.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I think this is a cool topic. I have always thought about the victorian era, or the rennisance period too, but then I think ugh what about the lack of , cough cough, femenine hygene products, deodorant, baths and all that and those big dress. I love the big dresses but ick the smell and stuff.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    The romance of the Civil War has always appealed to me. Although, since I'm a guy, I'd be stuck in the middle of a battlefield suffering from gange green because there's no antiseptic to treat my papercut.

Oh heck, put me in the renaissance era as well.
    Jump in speedbump, you can ride with me & the AOL dude.

otter - another great bachelor avatar.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Thanks bama..

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    wow, this one's a toughie. (in a good way) Looking back on the romanticism of the previous centuries is tempting, but I need the conveniences. Like plumbing and electricity.

I was a kid during the 60s - and there were so many changes going on. It was a tough time - for young and old. Of course there were the parties, the flower children and the rebels. But there was so much unrest (both civil and racial), which was more common than the peace movement.

Of course there are many more eras, but no one is here for a history lesson.

I'll stay here, keeping the status quo.
    JD, here's your partner.

Everything you're saying about the unrest of the 60's is true. Too true. Been there. Seen it.

Strictly from the standpoint of music, though, I'd like to relive the 60's because of the music. I'd like to enjoy that wonderful music again, during the time it was being made and released (remember 45s), when it was fresh and new. You could actually understand what people were saying when they were singing! And every other word wasn't bleepable (or should I say some sort of verbal malfunction).

The clothes then were really fun, too.

Those things would be nice to go back to, I think.

This reminds me of that old TV show Voyagers. Anyone remember Voyagers? The kid and the guy in the pirate outfit? Traveled from time period to time period with a pocket watch as the time-travel machine? Just me, then?

I'm an Anglophile through and through. It would have to be in England anytime a dude could don a hat, overcoat and walking stick and chase off beggars by saying things like, "Be off with you 'fore I show you the back of my hand, villain!"

It wouldn't be so hard to blend in, I suppose. Everything I've ever learned about time travel I've learned from TV and the movies, and I could:

(a) steal clothes from a clothesline. The clothes, of course, would fit me impeccably although they belong to someone else. (Addendum: Nice time travelers pin some money to the clothesline after the theft.)

(b) appear in modern clothes among a large group of people. They would stand there, holding their parasols, pointing and gasping ("Oh...!"), but I could make my escape to the nearest store and sell my Palm Pilot for a few guineas and use that money to be dressed properly.

Any thoughts on my plan?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast