+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Three Sounds

1. dogs barking in the middle of the night.-Shut up and go to sleep already!
    2. someone jingling the change in their pockets absolutely drives me nuts
    3. everyday my neighbor has the same van pull up in front of her house and he hits the horn about ten times in a row for her to come out on the porch. *beep, beep, beep* *beepbeepbeepbeep* Hello! I'm pretty sure she heard it the first time. I sure as hell did.
    4. train whistles. I live next to a railroad track. usually they just blow the horn once and go right through town. but i swear between 3-5am they lay on that horn and blow it the whole way through town just to be a**holes.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    3. everyday my neighbor has the same van pull up in front of her house and he hits the horn about ten times in a row for her to come out on the porch. *beep, beep, beep* *beepbeepbeepbeep* Hello! I'm pretty sure she heard it the first time. I sure as hell did.
    Oh, that is just the most annoying thing. :piussedoff That's just rude.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

1. I have to agree with everyone on the styrofoam sound
    2. The ubiquitous car alarm sequence
    3. The thump of someone hitting their head
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

1. A cricket in the garage.
    2. Some sort of weird rattle or squeak in the car I can't find.
    3. The little alarm signal that lets us know the door has opened and closed.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    1. Someone talking very loudly on the phone
    2. A bunch of hooligans making a whole lot of noises
    3. The car alarm

1. People burping. Not babies but teen up. Cover your mouth and do it quietly. Geez.
    2. Very noisy cars warming up. Like the one next door to me, every morning. 6am. for a half hour.
    3. Clicking sounds that keep repeating. Any clicking sound. My daughter was rubbing two parts of a plastic egg together so it clicked. After 30 seconds I was going nuts and she was headed to another room to do this.

Bonus annoying noise....on the radio any use of a horn, siren, bang, cell phone in a commerical or when the dj's are talking or in a song. Because then I'm looking for the fire truck, or wondering who beeped at me etc etc. Hate it, can't stand it, feel it should be outlawed.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

1. The sound of TV programs being changed every second. You know what I mean. People who --- because they're trying to watch two programs at once or just because they are surfing for something to watch ---constantly change channels from one second to the next. As far as I'm concerned, you can: 1. Tape one and watch the other later; 2. mute that sucker as you search for what you're looking for; or 3. pick up some sort of a TV listing and LOOK for what you want to see, THEN change the damn channel.

2. Ditto, but done with radio stations. At home or in a car. At home, you'll stop it, or one of us is going to another room. If I'm driving a car and someone's doing this, after the third channel change I let them know in no uncertain terms they've got one more try, or the radio's going totally off. And it DOES.

3. People constantly hawking to clear their heads and/or throats, and spitting afterwards. SOOOO gross! If you want to get snapped at or have something come flying at your head, try this around me.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    1. Chalk screeching across the blackboard when someone doesn't hold it right.

2. People coughing up phlegm loudly (and then spitting it on the sidewalk).

3. The sound of pencils on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by abrslr
    What are three sounds that disturb you?
    My ears are very sensitive, so I basically don't like noise at all. But these are the ones that bother me the most:
    1. A loud radio!
    2. Lawnmower
    3. My dog barking in the house

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345