+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Personal Make-Over Wish List

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I just can't imagine what perma-brows would look like; even the penciled on kind don't look natural IMO. I have an image of an old white haired lady with penciled eyebrows and caked on red lipstick that has no idea how she looks stuck in my head.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    I think some of these people, with the exception of the actual people who are look alikes for a living (Britney and Elvis) are only saying they want to look like a celebrity to get on the show and have the surgery paid for by MTV.
    Very true - especially for the major surgeries.

Most people - especially teens - already do their own "look alike" make overs - with make-up, hair and wardrobe (maybe some bra or butt stuffing here and there) but not major surgery.

It was very prevalent in the 80's. Remember all the people that dressed up like Cnydi Lauper, Boy George, Pat Benetar El-Debarge etc.

My tattoo buddy told me that back in the 80's is when he had all these teenage girls trying to come into his shop to get a Cindy Crawford mole tattoed on their faces. He of course turned any who werent 18 away.

I'm about ready to at the sawing leg bones thing. That's just...wrong.

I think I mentioned this in another thread at some point, but I know someone who had gastric bypass surgery. It worked really well for her, she lost a ton of weight (she was very overweight). BUT - afterwards, because of the extreme weight loss (well over 100 pounds) she needed plastic surgery on her stomach (extra skin - I believe they had to remove a couple of feet of skin - no kidding), her boobs and her upper arms (same deal, extra skin). Lots of pain but well worth it for her, I guess.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    My tattoo buddy told me that back in the 80's is when he had all these teenage girls trying to come into his shop to get a Cindy Crawford mole tattoed on their faces. He of course turned any who werent 18 away.
    Gawd...I have a natural Cindy mole and I'm getting it removed - I can hardly wait, I hate it. We always want what we don't have
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I got a boob job when I was 20 and it was the best thing that I've ever done. It motivated me to work out religiously and gave me a little boost in confidence. I say, if it makes you happy, do it. But if you are depressed about your appearance, I suggest therapy prior to going under the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I have an image of an old white haired lady with penciled eyebrows and caked on red lipstick that has no idea how she looks stuck in my head.
    I spit my water all over my keyboard reading that. Now I have that image in my head. .
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I'd have a boob reduction, definitely, and a facelift after I hit 40. Other than that, I can deal with the rest with my exercise plan.
    Last edited by Texicana; 04-14-2004 at 02:38 PM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I'm about ready to at the sawing leg bones thing. That's just...wrong.

I think I mentioned this in another thread at some point, but I know someone who had gastric bypass surgery. It worked really well for her, she lost a ton of weight (she was very overweight). BUT - afterwards, because of the extreme weight loss (well over 100 pounds) she needed plastic surgery on her stomach (extra skin - I believe they had to remove a couple of feet of skin - no kidding), her boobs and her upper arms (same deal, extra skin). Lots of pain but well worth it for her, I guess.
    That is a VERY common follow-up surgery to gastric bypass. I recall an article with Carnie Wilson discussing this just prior to her having the same follow-up surgery to her well documented GBS. She said that when she would take a bath, all the loose skin would float. So she had the skin tucking and a breast augmentation and then appeared in Playboy to show the results.

I know a woman who had the rubber band around the stomach thing and it didnt work for her at all. That is where they just basically put a band around part of your stomach to make it smaller, as opposed to GBS where they actually remove sections. Complications arose and she had it removed. No wieght loss, except for a little right after the first surgery. Such a shame to go through all that for nothing.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Just to add my two cents (as usual) - I too wonder what these surgeons are thinking, performing massive cosmetic surgery on these obviously "mixed up" patients. Is it for the money? People question how defense lawyers sleep at night, I wonder how these surgeons sleep. (I realize that only a few surgeons do this, most will reject someone with such strong emotional issues.) When I had my boobs done, the doctor talked to me for quite some time about my motiviation and what I wanted to look like, etc. And again: best thing I ever did for self image.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar

Permanent Makeup

I had a hairdresser once that had eyeliner and lips done. I'm not sure about the eyebrows. She looked great, but she was a) young and b) asian...so darker colors looked good on her. My concern about permanent makeup (which I have considered) would be how it would look when you age. Getting on in my years (53) -- the texture of my skin has changed. I can't say that it's wrinkles exactly, but my eyelids are thinner...sort of like crepe (like that explains it clearly, huh? ). I have to apply eyeliner to my upper lids much different than I did in my younger years. So I would be concerned about eyeliner...but lips and eyebrows? I would have them done. I would begin with faded shades though...not too obvious. And most importantly, I would go with someone who is recommended (higher end...like Daddio said). With permanent makeup or cosmetic surgery...I would never go for the best deal. I would research, research and do more research. Like JD said, there is no such thing as too much information....
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread