+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Personal Make-Over Wish List

JLo, he was not. He even looked better prior to the surgery.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I've seriously thinking about getting the eyeliner thing done. It's too hard for me to do my own anymore, and my eyes are pretty small and need that extra "oomph". Do you know about how much it costs? Does it hurt?
    They said it wasn't too bad. I guess it swells for a couple of days and it looks worse than it actually feels.

Sorry Jewels, I have no idea on the cost!

Lots of cosmetic surgery places now have estheticians that are specially trained do the finer tattooing on the face. I'd only make sure that the place was Board Certified and has a stellar reputation.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I thought so too Eldee. Even his friends - who were trying to be supportive - where sort of shaking their heads.

He seemed very, very depressed most of the episode too didn't he?. Which is why I felt there were deeper issues there.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Thanks guys. I'm checking into it now. I'll let you know what I find out.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by eldee

I agree. I think he should have either had the eyebrow lift or the forehead reduction, but NOT both. Made him look very strange.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    While we are on the subject of make-overs, did anyone see the MTV show last night called something like "I Want a Famous Face" or something like that. I think it is a regular series but last night was the first time I saw it.

I think its one thing to have cosmetic surgery and even gender-reassignment is considered legitimate plastic surgery. But to have a doctor agree to make you look like a celebrity - particularly of the opposite sex - seems a bit of overkill.
    I think some of these people, with the exception of the actual people who are look alikes for a living (Britney and Elvis) are only saying they want to look like a celebrity to get on the show and have the surgery paid for by MTV.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I saw a documentary on how they do this. There was this young woman in England that wanted to be a Flight Attendant but was not tall enough. So she had the surgery.

What they do is, they literally saw your leg bones (i believe it was the femur) in half and then put your legs in these traction devices that screw into your legs and imobilize them - with this gap in between the bones.

Then, over a period of time, the bones grow and bridge the gap and eventually form a single leg bone again. Sort of like splicing wire together.

She had to have the surgery done twice. When all was said and done she was a little over 2" inches taller.

Has anyone here had major plastic surgery done? Do most doctors reccomend phsycological counseling at part of the procedure process or do they just have a consultation, find out what you want done and then make the appt?

I am sure the majority of people who have plastic surgery are people - like everyone that posted here - that are "overall" - quite happy with themselves and their appearance and just want to change this or nip there, tuck here. Basic, cosmetic stuff.
    Thanks for the info, Daddio. I must say, that sounds crazy! That means they'd have to perform arm surgery too-- to even out proportions.

I hate to sound like a cynic, but if you're not overall happy with your God-given gifts (by that I mean general appearance-- not just a little weight gain, etc.) you never will be no matter how much money you have for surgery. I have yet to see an ugly-duckling turned swan who underwent tons of surgery and looked amazing. I think physical beauty, truly eminates (sp?) from within and if you are positive and happy, you will be perceived beautiful. End of story.

I understand everyone wants a nip, tuck, and lift here and there. And that's fine. But it's unrealistic to go into surgery thinking that you will emerge a brand new person.

I'm not directing this at anyone here, either I'm just making a general comment. Please don't throw stones at me.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Thanks for the info, Daddio. I must say, that sounds crazy! That means they'd have to perform arm surgery too-- to even out proportions.

I hate to sound like a cynic, but if you're not overall happy with your God-given gifts (by that I mean general appearance-- not just a little weight gain, etc.) you never will be no matter how much money you have for surgery. I have yet to see an ugly-duckling turned swan who underwent tons of surgery and looked amazing. I think physical beauty, truly eminates (sp?) from within and if you are positive and happy, you will be perceived beautiful. End of story.

I understand everyone wants a nip, tuck, and lift here and there. And that's fine. But it's unrealistic to go into surgery thinking that you will emerge a brand new person.

I'm not directing this at anyone here, either I'm just making a general comment. Please don't throw stones at me.
    Wonderfully put...if I knew how to attach the clapping happy face hands to my post for you I would. LOL

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Wonderfully put...if I knew how to attach the clapping happy face hands to my post for you I would. LOL
    Thanks, Sweetie.

Smilies you mean, Daddio? You either know the code and use : clap (without the space) or instead of a quick reply, go advanced when posting and you have your choice of smilies to work with.
    Last edited by Texicana; 04-14-2004 at 01:24 PM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread