+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Personal Make-Over Wish List

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    I have several friends who have had their eyeliner and eyebrows permanently done.

From what I understand, the eyebrows are done by first mapping out the shape of the brow. The brows are then shaved and they tattoo on the brows using small wispy strokes to get a more "hairlike" effect. (As opposed to drawing a solid line.) Then after a couple weeks, the eyebrows start to grow back in and *VOILA* darker, fuller-looking brows!

With the eyeliner, one friend originally did it in gray, but it faded. She then re-did it in a dark brown (she's fair complected) and in a fairly thin line across the lashes. It looks really good and very natural. Another person had the black eyeliner done. Hers was much heavier and it didn't look as natural. (She was fair too.)

Has anyone ever had their eyelashes tinted? Works wonders! I did a lot of it when I was doing hair. There is a special tint made just for eyelashes. (Regular hair dye is a MAJOR NO NO!) My neice is a tow-head and has white eyelashes to match. I tint her eyelashes for her and the difference it makes is pretty incredible (You can get the tint really close to the root of the lash, you can't get that with mascara). I do my own about every 6 months or so, plus, I can still wear mascara over it too!
    Last edited by realitycrazmom; 04-14-2004 at 05:42 AM.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Thanks, Daddio. That is great info. You answered all the questions I have so far, and I'm really impressed with your knowledge.

RCM: Thanks to you too. My poor daughter is blonde like your friend. We used to get her eyelashes tinted, wow. What a difference. Of course now she just clumps on the mascara. Kids... She also wants the eyeliner done. So thanks for the tips on that as well.

I assume this procedure would be pretty expensive?

What would I do without all the smarties at the fort?

ETA: my daughter is 24, so I think she's old enough to make this decision. I wouldn't do anything like that to or for my kids before they turned 18.

Liposuction on my thighs. People think I'm crazy because overall I'm pretty skinny, but I have that one darn spot that won't go away.

Lasik. But, If I'm too much of a baby to put in contacts how can I expect to be able to have a laser shot in my eye?

Brow lift. My eyebrows seem to start on my eyelids.. I hate that. They hide behind even the smallest glasses. It's odd. They need to be lifted.

Lowered hairline. I saw this one on "I Want a Famous Face" the other day. I have wanted this all my life and never knew they actually performed it. I have a high forehead. Much too high for a girl. Kinda like a Tyra Banks forehead only she's gorgeous enough to pull it off, and I just look like I'm balding. With a smaller forehead i'll be able to get rid of my bangs forever!

Laser resurfacing or dermabrasion. I have a few scars on my face and overall my facial skin is just very dull.

I DON'T want breast implants, (I couldn't possibly imagine them looking natural on me and I hate the pulled skin look) but could I just magically grow a cup size over night? That would be great. I've tried talking to them like you're supposed to do with houseplants, but it just doesn't work.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

FORT Fogey
    While we are on the subject of make-overs, did anyone see the MTV show last night called something like "I Want a Famous Face" or something like that. I think it is a regular series but last night was the first time I saw it.

The person on last night's episode was a man (cross dresser) who wanted to have surgery so that he could look more like his "idol" J-Lo. It was quite disturbing.

The man had C-cup boobs installed, check implants, liposculpture, his eyebrow bones on his skull shaved and his forhead was reduced by two inches by having his scalp cut off, skin snipped and stapled back together. He wanted butt and chin implants too and luckily the surgeon talked him out of that "for now".

I think its one thing to have cosmetic surgery and even gender-reassignment is considered legitimate plastic surgery. But to have a doctor agree to make you look like a celebrity - particularly of the opposite sex - seems a bit of overkill.

Next weeks episode promises an Elvis impersonater who goes under the knife to look more like "The King".

He didn't even look like JLo if ya ask me.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I would love to be taller (I'm only 5' 2"), and shrink the width of my nose (too ethnic looking). Other than that I'm happy.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I would love to be taller (I'm only 5' 2")
    I saw a documentary on how they do this. There was this young woman in England that wanted to be a Flight Attendant but was not tall enough. So she had the surgery.

What they do is, they literally saw your leg bones (i believe it was the femur) in half and then put your legs in these traction devices that screw into your legs and imobilize them - with this gap in between the bones.

Then, over a period of time, the bones grow and bridge the gap and eventually form a single leg bone again. Sort of like splicing wire together.

She had to have the surgery done twice. When all was said and done she was a little over 2" inches taller.

Has anyone here had major plastic surgery done? Do most doctors reccomend phsycological counseling at part of the procedure process or do they just have a consultation, find out what you want done and then make the appt?

I am sure the majority of people who have plastic surgery are people - like everyone that posted here - that are "overall" - quite happy with themselves and their appearance and just want to change this or nip there, tuck here. Basic, cosmetic stuff.

But I am sure there is also a fringe element of people - like the guy who wanted to look like J-Lo - who have much deeper and more serious issues as to why they feel they need to take these steps.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    With the eyeliner, one friend originally did it in gray, but it faded. She then re-did it in a dark brown (she's fair complected) and in a fairly thin line across the lashes. It looks really good and very natural. Another person had the black eyeliner done. Hers was much heavier and it didn't look as natural. (She was fair too.)
    I've seriously thinking about getting the eyeliner thing done. It's too hard for me to do my own anymore, and my eyes are pretty small and need that extra "oomph". Do you know about how much it costs? Does it hurt?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    He didn't even look like JLo if ya ask me.
    So right you are Texi...he looked nothing like J-Lo.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I've seriously thinking about getting the eyeliner thing done. It's too hard for me to do my own anymore, and my eyes are pretty small and need that extra "oomph". Do you know about how much it costs? Does it hurt?
    Hi Jewelsy,

I think the eye line might be done under local or perhaps even general anesthetic - due to the area being worked on. One wrong jerk of the head from the patient and ooops.

I really dont know about the cost though.

re: pain, the amount of pain you feel when getting a tat depends on a lot of variables; your personal pain threshold, the area being tattooed (ankles, small of the back, lower leg and other areas where there is not much padding between bone and skin hurt the most, more padded areas hurt much less.

After getting a tat, the area usually feels like you had a bad sunburn and its sensative and the skin very "tight" for about 3 or 4 days. Then it starts to form a scab and then peel and "itch like bastard" LOL and you have to be careful not to pick at the scabbing.

I really dont know the pain level associated with eye or facial tats though as I dont have any personal experience. I asked the lady here in the office and hers were done under gen anesthia and she didnt mention much residual pain at all.

But again, it can be quite different with different people.

+ Reply to Thread