+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Personal Make-Over Wish List

I'm always changing the way I put on makeup so to have it permanently one way isn't for me. Plus I'd be scared they'd mess up and I'd be stuck with it.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

I'd be worried I would forever look like the dame from Sunset Blvd (Gloria Swanson or some such thing) "Mr Deville, I'm ready for my close up."

So the answer is no, I just mainly want to stop the breasts from racing each other to the floor.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Me too about the boobs, that is. Oh, to be able to go braless again *sigh*
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp

I'd be worried I would forever look like the dame from Sunset Blvd (Gloria Swanson or some such thing) "Mr Deville, I'm ready for my close up."

So the answer is no, I just mainly want to stop the breasts from racing each other to the floor.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    I My (ex) husband's sister had her eyes, (liner and brows), and lips done. She is beautiful and it hasn't faded. Which would be my concern. I've had my tattoo on my ankle for about 12 years, and it has faded a bit. I don't think I'd want my eyeliner and lipstick permanently faded on my face. So what do y'all think?
    As a person with a number of tattoos, and a close friend who runs a parlor, I can say that most times when a tattoos fades its because of several reasons. Sun light being the biggest.

Sun light is a big no no when it comes to maintaining tats - the sun can easily fade a tattoo - especially a large or very colorful tattoo.

I knew two girls who went in and got matching tattoos - on the same day - same artist etc. Dreamcatchers on their back shoulders - about the size of a tennis ball. One is a sun-freak and is always out in the sun, never uses sun screen etc. Her tat is now not much more that a blue-blob unless you get right up close. She also tends to go up and down a lot in wieght with stretches and relaxes the skin - and that aint good for tats either. The other girl moisturizes, uses sun-block and tries to avoid too much prolonged direct sun-light - her tat looks practicually brand new. Genetics play some factor as well. I have large, colorful tats on my arms and back and they are all nearly 20 years old and look great - because I also use lots of sun-block and moisturize from time to time.

Another reason is that color fades so quickly is that color and shading are normally applied with a four or five pronged needle (sort of looks like a fork) that sorts of scrapes over the skin like a rake and doesnt go as deep and its meant to "shade" and/or color the area.

But outlining is done with a single needle which goes much deeper into the skin and releases more ink. The ink is almost always "blue ink" - blue ink is actually black ink - its black when applied and the borders are very thin and fine. Over time, the border widens a bit and the ink fades to dark blue, purplish.

Most facial tats (permanent make-up) is done with blue ink or dark brown ink - which is sort of like a henna color. So eye liner is normally blue ink - single needle, eye shadow would be color of choice and multi-needle and eyebrows could probably be either and likely brown ink.

Lip liner would be single needle and probably some shade of red.

So chances are your eye-liner and lip-liner will always remain dark and true and probably only fade and widen a bit over the years. The lip liner may fade a bit more but will blend into the lips as a result.

Eyebrows and eye shadow will likely fade a lot more - but this could be a good thing as it is mainly to provide a foundation to put lighter coats of actual make-up or brow pencil over.

Probably more trivia than you ever wanted to know about tats! LOL
    Last edited by Daddio; 04-13-2004 at 02:53 PM.

Daddio, there is a tattoo place stumbling, I mean walking, distance from the bar across school. I wonder how many have tattoos they don't even know about yet.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Daddio, there is a tattoo place stumbling, I mean walking, distance from the bar across school. I wonder how many have tattoos they don't even know about yet.
    Funny you should say that Eldee (thank you my friend), because it brings to mind something I forgot to touch on...

Most legitimate tattoo artists - my friend included - wont take "walk-in" clients, nor will he do any work on anyone who is visibly innebriated.

Higher end tattoo parlors will have the equivallent of a "cool off period" such as gun shops have - where you can make an appt and pay a deposit - but not get the peircing or tattoo (or pick-up the gun) until at least 48 hours later.

Other places will take anyone, anytime, any condition - as long as their money is green. There are also tons of people who work out of their house or garage.

A good artist will also take their time and do the tat right - which could take hours. I have heard many people say "How long did that take?!? Wow, my guy works fast and can do something like that in 30 minutes" and I would reply "Yeah and in two years your tattoo is going to look like it only took the artist 30 minutes".

Best advice is - if you are considering a peircing or tattoo - it is NOT a time to go bargain hunting or for a speed demon.

One guy also got one of those speed demons. The end result was great but, the way he used "the pen/stylette" was something else. He was about 21-22 so the colors were great. I guess they might fade when you get a tad bit older.

Daddio . . . This has got to be one of the all-time great threads!

Thanks!

Let's see . . . Permanent makeup?

Nope. Don't think so.

And I know, for a person who compiled a wish list of seven surgical things she'd want done or consider doing (two not "have to haves", one really pushing it), I know that must come across as weird.

However, I saw one of those programs where they showed the result of permanent makeup gone tragically wrong.

Oh, boy.

And the thing about having permanent eyeliner done? In particular, "nope" to that. I've got eyeball issues, anyway. That's why Lasik would be really pushing it for me, bad as my vision is without some sort of correction. It'd just be my luck I'd go in and get it, and come to find out later (after the results hit the fan) that the person doing it had just walked in from warming a stool at the local watering hole a couple of hours before picking up a needle and going to work on me.

Also, I'd have to consider that Michael Jackson had this done.

Nope. I'm not THAT desperate for permanent makup!
    Last edited by ness; 04-13-2004 at 03:40 PM.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    As a person with a number of tattoos, and a close friend who runs a parlor, I can say that most times when a tattoos fades its because of several reasons. Sun light being the biggest.

Probably more trivia than you ever wanted to know about tats! LOL
    Sorry about the redundancy! Yeesh.

My daughter is very blonde and her eyebrows are quite sparse, she wants to get the permanent makeup. Eyebrows, eyeliner and lips.

So definitely not too much info - the girl wants to tattoo her face! I'll take any and all info I can get - you sound like you know your way around a parlor.

Since my tattoo on my ankle has faded so much, I assume it's because of the shading procedure. My ankles don't get out to the beach much, so I can't blame it on that! The colorful fairie on my shoulder has remained clear and precise, albeit the wrong color! Still, I always moisturize!

Which brings me to another question - you say that the colors are done with the pronged needles - So would you just want to have the "faded look" for eyebrows and then possibly touch it up with a pencil? Then the eyeliner is done single-needle in the darker shade.? Okay. I think I'm getting the idea. So, now we know the facts, what is your opinion about the permanent makeup?

It sounds like the eyebrows and eyeliner would work well for her, but the lip liner still concerns me. It makes me think of the old grandmas with the lipstick smearing up into the cracks in the faces. (that sounded terrible - sorry)

I haven't looked into it as much as I should have, I assume there are special training classes for this type of decorating? If this is too involved and wordy for the thread, feel free to PM me. Thanks for all the info.
    Last edited by J.D.; 04-13-2004 at 03:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread