+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Working Out...Yes or No?

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Just to chime in about Curves - the hours at the locations here absolutely suck.
    It really depends on the location, as they are individual franchises. The Curves I attend is open at 5:30 am (or so I hear) until 7 pm and does not close in the afternoon. It's also open from 8 to noon on Saturdays. I've heard that the other two in town have fewer hours, but they're owned by someone else.
    It's close enough and quick enough that I can head down there at lunch or right after work, depending on whether I was able to get away at lunch.

Oh, and thanks for the plug John!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

on vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    does chasing 5 kids under the age of 4 around 5 days a week - 9 hours a day, count as a work out?
    We also walk for an hour everyday .. but the pace is nothing that will get my heartrate going.
    If kid chasing doesn't count, I don't know what does Duxxy. Also as for the walking, I look at it like this. One hour of walking everyday is one less hour of sitting at home in front of the television or computer with a bag of chips. See how good that is for you now?!
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    I'm afraid I have no choice in exercising. One, because I'm quite possibly the skinniest person out there, and I need to gain at least a little bit of weight to not look malnourished

My favorite exercise activity (no, wait, second-favorite ) is basketball. I play once or twice a week. I also jog a couple of miles on the treadmill once or twice a week (usually once). I lift weights once a week. And I take an abdominals class (15 minutes in length) twice a week. I also play softball during the season, but that hardly counts as exercise. You're just trying to avoid getting hurt.

Some might say I sound like a fitness nut, but I will fight that characterization to my last breath!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie

Some might say I sound like a fitness nut, but I will fight that characterization to my last breath!

Oh no. ALL couch potatoes do strenuous exercise seven or eight days a week.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    what i want to do and what i actually do are two very different things these days...
    i am coming off an Ironman Triathlon in November- where i was training about 150 miles biking a week- 50-60 miles running a week, and about 6-8 miles swimming a week...

having said that- after the race i mentally snapped and couldn't seem to get off the couch for the longest time...
    i am back training at a very scaled back rate now- about 25 miles a week running, 50 miles a week biking, 1 swim session, and weights 2x a week...

FORT Fogey
    Very good for you Quinn! I'm impressed

As for me, I lift weights every day, do ab workouts at night. Since its the offseason, i can't say I run too much, but I still play soccer/field hockey in the front yard from time to time. I wish I had the time to do something like a spinning class or some kind of class. I went to a few with my friend + her mom, and they were really good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345