+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Working Out...Yes or No?

I do Curves 3 X a week, and keep meaning to do something in between. I've always hated exercising, but I've managed to stick with this faithfully for almost a year and a half! After doubling my weight in 12 years, it was time to do something.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylee
    I do Curves 3 X a week, and keep meaning to do something in between. I've always hated exercising, but I've managed to stick with this faithfully for almost a year and a half! After doubling my weight in 12 years, it was time to do something.
    Do you really like Curves? My wife nearly joined because it was highly reccommended by several friends. There were a number of Curves that opened near us. The hours of the one closest to us were not convenient though - they opened too late for her to go before work and closed late afternoon - so it wasnt convenient for a working person. A couple of the other franchises that were faily nearby have already closed up too. I am not sure if their hours were any different or not.

I am sure its a great program

Daddio, click on the link in Tracylee's signature. There's lots of good Curves info there.

Just to chime in about Curves - the hours at the locations here absolutely suck. They really seem to be geared towards a stay-at-home mom with disposable income - not that there's anything wrong with that I did make an appointment to check it out, but I'm personally not into the group setting, buddy thing when I'm working out, I like to do my thing and not spend time chatting. It may be just me, but if I start yapping, I find it hard to concentrate on the exercise - did I mention I have trouble with the walking/chewing gum thing too?

don't forget I'm a charter DENSA member
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I kickbox and box - 1 hr/day - 5x's a week
    Cardio (30-45 mins) 6x's a week
    Run/Jog 5x's a week
    Weight lift - 1hr/day - 7x's a week
    Sports (tennis) 7x's a week

does chasing 5 kids under the age of 4 around 5 days a week - 9 hours a day, count as a work out?
    We also walk for an hour everyday .. but the pace is nothing that will get my heartrate going.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    I walk up a set of stairs to get up to the kitchen a few times every day.

I also give my jaw a workout when eating crunchy items such as Doritos and the like.

And of course my big workout is here at the FORT all day where I work on my finger muscles...

Dflem you must have fingers of steel then Arnold fingers are key.
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Daddio, click on the link in Tracylee's signature. There's lots of good Curves info there.
    Thanks John!

I did go ahead and clicked on the link and it REALLY does look like a great program. Just a shame (as AJ echoed) that their hours are so restrictive that more women can't partake. They seem to offer their clients a lot of great motivation - which is usually the stumbling block for most people when it comes to sticking with an excercise program.

Hopefully they will expand their hours as they grow and expand.
    Last edited by Daddio; 04-12-2004 at 02:54 PM.

I just started step aerobics & it's great! I've been on the Atkins diet for over a year now and I haven't really exercised much during that time until recently. A couple of months ago I started walking every day, me and the dog go for about an hour walk around where we live (making sure we go UPHILL for parts of that walk )

However last month I received the local city newspaper ("what goes on in your city" type of paper) & there were aerobics classes listed so I went and tried out Step aerobiocs & it's great Low impact but great workout on every muscle in the body + great cardio. I try to go twice a week right now but may up it soon to three times a week.

I'd never thought I'd voluntarily be seeking out exercise after what torture P.E used to be but hey look at me now... lol *sticks tongue out at old PE teacher*
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast